Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

bug - closing chrome tab closes entire session

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Open a chrome embedded session.
click something that opens a new tab within your embedded session.
you now have 2 chrome tabs open

close 1 of the 2 tabs (doesn't matter which)

the entire chrome embedded session closes

present in many previous releases, up to and including latest.

Clock16 days

Hello Hazen,

Is there a public URL that you can provide us so that we can test this behavior please?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock13 days

I mean.. go to anything.
Go to cnn.com and ctrl+click any link to open whatever you click on in a new tab.

Clock13 days

Hello,

So far I have not been able to replicate your issue.

Would it be possible for you to send us a recording of the behavior using the following link? It might help me determine the cause of your problem.
https://devolutions.sharefile.com/share/getinfo/raba75bde4424504b

Best regards,

Gabriel Degrandpré

signaturesignature

Clock13 days

that's very strange considering the bug has been present in several releases and is extremely easy to replicate.
I uploaded the video to your URL.

Clock13 days

Hello,

Thank you for the video.

I still can't manage to reproduce your issue. Tabs close as intended on my end.
I have opened the ticket DEVO-1468 to keep track of the issue, and I'll keep testing with different options to to pinpoint what is causing the behavior.
Best regards,

Gabriel Degrandpré

signaturesignature

Clock13 days

It happens on Chrome embedded.
We're running 14.1.0.

Clock13 days

more troubleshooting.

The problem DOES occur in

the problem DOES NOT occur in

Clock13 days

Hello,

Thank you for the information. That would explain why I couldn't replicate the issue. I was using 14.1.1.0

Since the problem is fixed in the latest version, with your permission, I'll close the related ticket.

Best regards

Gabriel Degrandpré

signaturesignature

Clock13 days

I think a better solution is to figure out what code was changed to introduce the bug in the first place, not make sure it doesn't happen again.

Clock13 days

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I have transmitted the information you've given to the engineering department.

As of now, I will close the ticket DEVO-1468 since the faulty behavior is fixed in the latest release.

Best regards

Gabriel Degrandpré

signaturesignature

Clock13 days

I have the same problem. If one of two tabs is closed, the other one closes as well. If you have more than two tabs, you can close the other tabs without any problems. Here the tabs remain open. This is the same under Windows 10 and Windows 7. My RDM Free version is 5.1.1.0.
Also with a download of a file the browser is closed. I already described the problem here: https://forum.devolutions.net/messages.aspx?TopicID=30990

Clock10 days

Hello,

For the tab closing issue, it should be fixed in the latest version, RDM Free 5.1.3.0
Could you please update and let me know if the problem persists ?

As for the browser issue after downloading, as mentioned in the forum topic you linked, the problem is caused by a third party we use. They have fixed the problem internally, but we are still waiting on them before we can fix it on our side.
For now, the workaround for this issue is to run RDM as an Administrator.

Best regards,

Gabriel Degrandpré

signaturesignature

Clock10 days

Yes! the browser works now again even after closing a tab! Thank you very much!
I had not seen the update of the program, because there was no update available via the menu item.

Clock10 days