Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

WebBrowser.Refresh()

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

What version of the WebBrowser.refresh method is the C# control using (IE)? If using the one that takes an Enum of type 'WebBrowserRefreshOption', what option is specified?

I'd like the ability to specify what kind of refresh. Perhaps add a ctrl+click refresh option to perform the 'Complete' refresh, similar to existing browser functionality.

HB

Clock10 mths

Hello,
We use

this.webBrowser.Navigate(url);

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

So the Refresh method isn't used at all? Any particular reason why it wasn't implemented? I'd really like this capability to be added, since we have a strong and constant need to always constantly load the latest version of a web page, or at least manually request it to do so (performance is not a huge concern). And it looks like Navigate doesn't have a way to specify a clean load, as the documentation (looking at the Remarks section) keeps pointing to Refresh for this purpose. Perhaps merge this into a feature request?

HB

Clock10 mths

Do you think that if you hold Ctrl while clicking the refresh button it could be a good solution?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

Yes, if it is for the hard refresh option. It's a common function that you get out of most modern browsers: https://www.getfilecloud.com/blog/2015/03/tech-tip-how-to-do-hard-refresh-in-browsers/#.XC6SZFxKiUk

HB

Clock10 mths

Just following up on this issue. Is this something that can be implemented and if so, when could we expect it to be released?

I need this more and more everyday. Otherwise I have to open the browser connection completely out of RDM for such a simple task.

HB

Clock9 mths

We will do our best to add it soon.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Thank you!

Clock9 mths

Hi,

We've added the complete refresh when ctrl+click the refresh button with IE web browser. This will be available in 2019.1. The beta version should be released by the end of the month.

Regards,

Samuel Baker

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

AWESOME! Looking forward to using it!

HB

Clock9 mths

Just following up to see when this feature would be available in a public release.

HB

Clock7 mths

Hello,

We're currently doing some fine-tuning and we'll be releasing 2019 as a stable release once we judge it ready. We're shooting for a release in a few weeks, but we can't be sure of when exactly.

Regards,

Samuel Baker

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

That's fine, just wanted to follow up since it had been a couple months since the last update.

Thanks for the quick response though!
HB

Clock7 mths

I noticed that the CTRL+Refresh options was stated that it had been included in the '2019.1.18.0' release on 5/3, which is awesome, however if I wasn't the user that actually requested it, I'd never know that was the case. I think it would be extremely helpful for other users that when you're holding down CTRL the tooltip and/or the icon would change accordingly. Right now it's kind of just a hidden gem. However, in that regard, neither IE nor Chrome do anything to distinguish that either, but maybe it would at least be worthwhile to point it out in the browser docs: https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/

Thanks for implementing this feature!

HB

Clock5 mths

Hello,

Glad to see that this new feature suits your need! Also, thank you for your feedback, we will make sure to see what can be done to augment the visibility of new features that are implemented in our products.

As of now, we used the “Release Notes” section of our website to inform our users of fixes and new features.
https://remotedesktopmanager.com/release-notes

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Was/will this be added for the other browser types? Noticed that it's not working with Chrome. Again I'd strongly recommend implementing that tool-tip as mentioned previously, so there is a clear indication of what "ctrl" + "click" does.

HB

Clock21 days

Hello,

I will contact our engineering department on that matter in order to see if this feature can also be added to Chrome.
I will be in touch shortly.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock19 days

Hello,

I just wanted to inform you that this feature has been added on the todo list of our engineering department.
The new ticket number is RDMW-3731.

We will be in touch as soon as we will have an update on that matter.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock19 days

Hello again,

Our engineering department just informed me that this feature has just been added to Chrome as well.
The Refresh (no cache) will work when doing Ctrl+F5 and Ctrl+(Click on the refresh button).

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock19 days

Glad to hear it! Thanks for the update.

Clock18 days

Can y'all look into the ability to clear cookies as well from both browser controls?

HB

Clock10 days

Hello,

It's currently possible to clear the cache for the Chrome browser by going in File > Options > Types > Web, and pressing clear cache:

2019+10+09+13+06+54

This will clear the cache for every Chrome entry. Would you like a way to clear the cache for only one specific entry?

For the IE browser, it's more complicated, since it uses the same cache as the machine's internet explorer browser, which RDM doesn't manage.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

2019-10-09_13-06-54.png
Clock10 days

My previous inquiry was not about cache, but cookies. The cache issue has already been addressed (see previous back-and-forth).

HB

Clock10 days

Maybe the name of the button isn't representative, but it clears every temporary file that the embedded Chrome browser creates, which includes cookies to any website. Right now this is only available at an "application level" through the File menu, and not per-entry.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock10 days

@James Lafleur, when will the version that contains the chrome clear cache (per-entry) be released.

@Hubert Mireault, looks like the clear cache globally works. Had to close all chrome web connections though because it threw an error (file in use by process), but afterwards it worked fine. Not entirely sure if it works for clearing cookies yet, need to test it out. But would still need something implemented for clearing cookies on the IE side of things.

Thanks for your reply,
HB

Clock10 days

Hello,

The feature you were looking for has been implemented in RDM 2019.2.8 and this Beta has just been released. I would recommend trying it as a portable version in order to keep your current configuration untouched.

To do so, you will need to download the .zip file below, extract it's content in a newly created folder, enter your current serial and run the executable: https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/thankyou/rdmbinbeta

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock10 days

I will create an improvement ticket for clearing the IE cookies, and one to fix the issue with the Chrome clear cache, since it shouldn't throw an error.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock10 days