Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

VMWare Remote Console

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Has anyone figured out how to create an entry that will launch VMWare Remote Console for a specific system?

So far, I've been unsuccessful at getting the console to launch at all. The approach I'm attempting is to create a Command Line Entry with the parameter:

open -a VMWare\ Remote\ Console.app

This command works in a terminal session but when I create a Command Line entry with this nothing happens.

Clock10 mths

Hello Scot,

Remote Desktop Manager support VMware Remote Console. By creating a new VMware Remote Console entry, RDM will launch vmrc.exe application with the ID or Name.

That being said, RDM use PowerCLI script to communicate with VMware server, please follow our Configuring VMware's PowerCLI for use by Remote Desktop Manager guide first.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

David,

Thank you for the response - I'm using Remote Desktop Manager for Mac, so that won't work for me unfortunately.

Clock10 mths

Hi Scot,

I'm sorry I did not see that the post was in RDM Mac section.

That being said, I know that VMware have released last year PowerCLI and VMRC for MAC. If you install both of them, we could use a Terminal or Powershell entry to launch VMRC.exe .

I never tested PowerCLI on MAC, but if could install PowerCLI at least and test

Connect-ViServer {server ip or name}; 

This will inform us if MAC is able to connect to the VMware Hypervisor.

Base on this you will probably be able to launch VMRC with the command

vmrc://@[HOST]:[PORT]/?moid=[VM-MOREF]

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

Works - in cae anyone ele has the same issue, the actual syntax of the command is:

open 'vmrc://@[HOST]:[PORT]/?moid=[VM-MOREF]'

Clock10 mths

Thanks for the confirmation Scot, I also add the information for our engineering department in our VMware Remote Console features request tickets.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

Hello,

We've made the feature internally, this will be available in the next release.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths