Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

DVS: Database diagnostic - session deserialization

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

When running database diagnostics in DVS, we are seeing over 1,500 session deserializations. After manually deleting those sessions, painstakingly one at a time, we are seeing the same count when re-running the diagnostics. Being that this datasource is less than a month old, we are not sure what is causing this and if it is something of concern.

What are deserialized sessions? Why are they considered an unhealthy part of the database? What causes them? How can we manage them without having to click three times to remove them per session?

Thank you.

Clock10 mths

Hello,

Does a Security Provider has been set over your SQL database?

The Security Provider can be set from the DPS Console.
https://helpserver.devolutions.net/commands.htm

Here is the online help page about the Security Provider.
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?administration_securityproviders.htm

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

Yes, we are using Shared passphrase (v2).

Clock10 mths

Hello,

Because of the Security Provider, the DPS console seems to have some problems to deserialize the entries. I will check with the engineering department if there is a workaround or a solution for that.

For your information, your data in the database is still valid even if the DPS Console is unable to deserialize the data.

Could you please tell me which Devolutions Password Server are you using?

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

Server version 6.1.0.0.

Thanks,
Paul

Clock10 mths

Hello,

We have been able to reproduce your issue and a ticket has been submitted to our engineering department. The ticket number is DPS-2555. I will keep you updated on this one when it will be fixed.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

Checking in. Any ETA on the resolution?

Clock9 mths

Hello,

This ticket is still on the to do list. I will ask the engineering team to increase the priority on it.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths