Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

Web Browser close issues with multiple tabs

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi guys, I've noticed something a few times on the current (5.1.1.0) version of RDM Free, that I haven't seen on previous versions.

I have a Web Browser configured, embedded tab, using Chrome, to an internal server that uses pop-up windows for certain interactions. These pop-ups appear as a new tab (full screen, instead of the default window size), which makes the primary window an embedded tab with a second tab for the pop-up. If I close the tab by clicking on the close [x] button for it, instead of just closing this tab and returning to the primary window, it closes out of the session completely. I then have to restart the session to get back.

I've tested this on Chrome using an external link, and it still works fine there. Using Firefox hangs (probably because I use Waterfox), and using IE works properly on closing the tab.

Thoughts?

Clock13 mths

Hello,

We use third party libraries for the integration of Chrome and Firefox in the Embedded mode.
For IE, we use the Microsoft ActiveX that is installed at the same time as the browser.
This is why they are not reacting the same way. This depend of the browser and of the display mode.
It's not the external browser tab that it's resize to fit into the tab.

If none of the web browsers work in embedded mode, I would suggest launching the website using the External mode and use our web browser extension to send the credentials - https://devolutions.net/home/browserextensions

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock13 mths

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your response. As I said, using the external mode works as expected. It's just been having issues since the latest update. That's why I figured this was a bug, not a matter of my doing something wrong.

Clock13 mths

Hello,

I had a chat with our engineering department and they mentioned me that there's was a small issue regarding the tabs and they have been able to fix it.

This should be available in the next release of RDM Free.

Sorry about that.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock13 mths

That's amazing, Jeff. Thanks to you and Dev (engineering) for the quick response!

*edited since "Dev" sounded too close to your company name. Which isn't a bad thing!

Clock13 mths