Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Issues with screen not refreshing.

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,
We are currently testing Devolutions Remote Desktop manager Free edition in our environment as an evaluation with the team in anticipation of purchasing it. However, we are running into a few issues.

I have used this product at previous companies and I have had really good results with it. However the issue I am having now seems to be new and is making it difficult to get the teams buy off on the purchase.
When working within the application using just a standard RDP session to a remote host, we are having issues with the screen not refreshing the change that we just made. Meaning, if I have a dialog up with (yes, no, cancel) and I click yes, the dialog box doesn't go away. I have to switch off to another tab, and then back for that window to disappear. I have tried changing the RDP version from "Latest", however the issue still happens.

Remote Desktop Manager Free
Version 5.0.5.0 (64 Bit).

Suggestions?

Clock2 mths

Hello,

Would you be able to update to the latest version of Remote Desktop Manager Free and tell us if the issue persist?
https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Try to use latest version. You might be using old version which is causing this issue.

Clock24 days

So I have been up to date on the firmware for this product and it is still having the same problem.

As of this morning I have installed 5.1.3.0, however i am not very optimistic as to this problem going away. I have had this issue through, probably, the last 5 updates.
What could I provide to you that would explain the issue so that I could get a resolution?

thanks,
BC

Clock10 days

Hello,

Would you be able to send us a video of the behavior? I've sent you a link in Private Message, you can use it to send us your video.

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Clock10 days

I just uploaded a couple Videos.

Clock10 days

Hello,

I've escalated your ticket to the QA team in order for them to try to recreate it too, both of us were not able to reproduce it. A workaround we thought about would be to set your session's display option to smart reconnect instead of smart sizing :
smartreco

Let us know if this works for you.

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

smartreco.png
Clock5 days