Forum / Password Vault Manager - Support

launching URL to external browser

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I have an extg record that has a URL to my local NAS. When I click on the globe icon, then launches the url in my default browser.

I now make a duplicate of this record, and now when I click on the globe icon, it open the url in an embedded tab and there is no way to force it to open in an external browser.

How can these two "identical" record behave differently, and how do I configure PVM to ALWAYS open URL's in an external browser

launching URL.pdf
Clock12 mths

Hello,

We do have an option in Remote Desktop Manager that could be implemented in PVM that could allow you to have your URLs open in external mode by default.

That being said, as a workaround, you could go to File -> Templates -> Default Settings -> Login (Web) -> Set the display mode to "External".
Doing so will ensure that every new Login (Web) entry that you create will open your URLs in external mode.

Also, if you wish to change this setting on your current Login (Web) entries, you can do so by using the "Bath Edit" feature. For more information on that matter, please refer to the link: https://helppvm.devolutions.net/batch-actions.htm?zoom_highlightsub=batch+edit

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock12 mths

Nah, its all screwed up!

My template for login (web) is already set to external as default.

If I create a new login (web) the icon for this record in the tree show the globe, and the globe button on the right hand panel works correctly launching my external browser.

If I then add a secure note tab to this record, the icon in the tree view changes to the note icon, and the globe button on right hand side panel now open an embedded browser tab and there is no way to change back to external browser

Clock12 mths

Hello,

Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce this issue using PVM 10.0.0.0.

Would it be possible for you to provide us a recording of this behavior along with an export of one of the troublesome entry?

This information can be sent to us using the following sharefile link:
https://devolutions.sharefile.com/share/getinfo/raba75bde4424504b

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock12 mths