Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Bug Report

Devolutions Passoword Server Console

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi, I have a problem with console on Windows 2019 Core
I get an error when I push button "Upgrade Server"

COMException - Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CoCreateInstance(Guid& clsid, Object punkOuter, Int32 context, Guid& iid)
at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowserBase.TransitionFromPassiveToLoaded()
at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowserBase.TransitionUpTo(AXState state)
at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.get_AxIWebBrowser2()
at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.set_ScriptErrorsSuppressed(Boolean value)
at Devolutions.DPSConsole.Frames.FreDPSUpgradeInstructions.LoadDataInControls(DPSServerInstanceBase instance)
at Devolutions.DPSConsole.Forms.FrmDPSUpgradeWizard.SetPanel(FreDPSDeployWizard panel)
at Devolutions.DPSConsole.Forms.FrmDPSUpgradeWizard.DoInitializeComponent()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmBase.c2003f33b05659ffe7ea3546ebd6ce300()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmBase..ctor()
at Devolutions.DPSConsole.Forms.FrmDPSUpgradeWizard..ctor()
at Devolutions.DPSConsole.Managers.DPSConsoleManager.Upgrade(DPSServerInstance instance)
at Devolutions.DPSConsole.Frames.FreEmbeddedDPSConsole.butUpgradeServer_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.BaseButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.BaseButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at DevExpress.Utils.Controls.ControlBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.BaseControl.WndProc(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Also was a small bug, when install server and extracting zip file - show an error "zip file is empty" but extract correctly and server is working

Clock11 mths

Hello,

The reason why you get that error message is because the Upgrade Wizard dialog tries to display the content of the upgrade process file and it requires IE.

Here are the manual steps you could do to upgrade your DPS instance.

1- Be sure to follow the instructions on the following online help page Upgrading Devolutions Password Server until step 3 on that page.
2- The most important steps in the guide are the database and web application folder backups!
3- Stop the DevolutionsSchedulerService service on the server.
4- Open the DPS Settings dialog from the console and uncheck the Encrypt web.config option in the IIS tab if it was enabled.
5- Open the web.config file located in the web application folder and copy and save the database connection string.
6- Unzip the content of the DVLS.6.1.0.zip file over your current web application folder to replace all files.
7- Edit the new web.config file and restore the database connection string saved in step 5.
8- Open the DPS Console and upgrade the database with the Update database button in the Database tab.
9- Restart the DevolutionsSchedulerService.
10- Then, update RDM if you are using it and check your data. I would recommend you to edit an existing entry and also try to add new entries.

Let me now how it goes if you do it on your own.

If you need assistance to upgrade it manually, we can offer you a remote session.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on October 14th 2019.

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

Hi, I also think it's IE and for that reason i install Windows FOD IE, but it's doesn't help at all
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started-19/install-fod-19

What about connection strings in web.config file and other config files that has been overwrite by manual upgrade. Is it db update restore it?

Clock11 mths

Hello,

You are right about the connection string. I will update the steps above to restore the connection string in the new web.config file.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on October 14th 2019.

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

Hi, I dig in to config files and web application, it also has encryption keys. And update application by myself, but if you add manual how to update manually it would by perfect. Because I don't know how this product work inside and where all config files is placed.

Clock11 mths