Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

Import Passwords from other software with a csv

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

some of our employees want to import a large number of passwords from other software products like lastpass, 1password and so on.
I saw, there are .csv-export-options for these software-products. But how I can make a .csv-import on the devolution password server.
Besides, the users havn't access to the rdm client. They have only access to the web dashboard and the extensions, mobile app.

Thanks for your help!

Clock10 mths

Hello,

In DPS 6.0.2, which came out in October, import from Keepass (.xml) was already present.

In DPS 6.1, which is currently in internal tests and should come out before the holidays, we have added the import from LastPass.

The import from a generic CSV, with a well defined column structure, is desirable because it removes the need to know a specific product's export format, but it often results in some information elements to not be handled to everyone's satisfaction.

I do not know the particulars about 1Password export format, but would you say that it should be prioritized before a generic CSV?

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

Thanks for your clear words.

I think CSV-import would be more demanding than from another standalone software.
Also, I understand your challenge but my first idea for the different columns would be a csv editor in the import process.
In this editor, you can switch the values in the columns if they became set to the wrong field.
Generally, the most password tools do not have more fields/columns as the name, URL, user- and password-field.
Already with just these 4 parameters, most people can be helped already.

Clock10 mths

Hello,

Indeed, the pattern to associate a csv column to a field is well known, its just that we haven't implemented it to this day.

The feature we have in RDM is that we'll automatically bind if the column name fits with a field name, whatever depth it may be. Its quite flexible, but a bit slow because of the need to access the fields by name all the time. For this reason, we are hesitant to implement it in our server products.

We'll have a look at this, but we'll probably offer the most simple patterns initially. FYI our next release is focused on improving our support/diagnostics features. We will plan on adding the import in the version after that.

The reason why I feel comfortable pushing this back a little is that we can import using Remote Desktop Manager, we can work with you if you need to perform a mass import from another source. Just open a request on our service desk at https://devolutions.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1, or send an email to ticket@devolutions.net

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths