Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - PAM Partners

Cyberark Privileged Access Solution

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Thank you for continuing to update us on the CyberArk Developments, I have it working but came up against a huge stumbling block, it seems to have been developed with the Expectation that everyone using it would use the same Privileged Account!

I would like to see the ability to tie this Private vault search item as a feature request. However the inability to edit user settings in the current state is a bug imho

dev_CA_Bug.png
Clock3 mths

Hello,

You are indeed free to call this a bug, but we are driven by community requests and have gone in line with feature requests of our user community, while being subject to approval of architectural decisions by the CyberArk team.

As this stage, we are working on adding "Prompt with list", which is a huge advancement in our integration.

After that release, we very well could implement having a CyberArk PAS entry in your private vault, this would be better then a private vault search because their API has now moved to using accountIds, which allows us to add that hard link to a specific safe/account combination. Their textual search returns a list of entries when there is a partial match and it would prevent us from being able to use an entry in this case.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

What would be required to allow users to use the Edit "User Specific Settings" here so that people could specify the "Privileged account" they should be using?

the PSM integration is working great, with the exception of this option.

Clock9 days

Hello,

I have a call with the CyberArk team on thursday to get approval on our newest iteration of our integration. I'll ask them to pre-approve the feature before we start thinking about it.

I'll get back to you next monday.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock9 days

Hi all,
@Maurice if you're driven by community request, then please add my name to the request list.
@Vincent03 : For CyberArk PSM Connection types we've followed the following feature from a tip I also got on this forum (don't know the link by heart):

• in your folder structure create a folder or subfolder for you CyberArk Privileged accounts, We use folder name: Credentials\CyberArk\NPA\<environment> (see picture below, where NPA = Non personal Account)
  • in this folder create a number of credential entries; one for each privileged account, of type: Username/password only containing name and Username fields. The Username is filled with: accountname@ADDRESS as is found in CyberArk so CyberArk can find the account.
  • In your CyberArk PSM Connection :
  • in the General - Privileged account box, enter: $TOOL_USERNAME$
  • in the Management tools - Credentials tab enter: Credential repository - Prompt on connection. in the link below browse to your folder above

If you now start the connection, it will give a popup listing all accounts from the folder created, lets you select one and the 'username' field is used !

CyberArkPSMConnection.1.png
CyberArkPSMConnection.2.png
CyberArkPSMConnection.3.png
Clock5 days

@Ben05, thank you for sharing that information. It gets us closer but still doesn't exactly meet our needs.

@Maurice can you share any updates with us, or did you mean Monday the 24th?

Clock1 day