Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Mark Server "work in progress" / lock access?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

is there an easy way to lock and/or mark an object (RDP)?
So when I'm accessing it (a server for example) I may stop my colleagues from accessing the object to avoid problems or to set a mark "work in progress"
for me or them as a reminder&flag.

Additional more marks like: "Finished", "Todo" and so on would be great - especially, if I do some work for larger companies with lots of servers/objects.

Example:
RDM1

I know, that there is the Tag functionality, but to reach it, you need "lots" of clicks.
Until some point there was also a functionality to display, if someone else is already logged in (RDP), but at some point, it just was "gone"
(configuration mistake from us?).

Conclusion:
I am searching for a super-simple possibility to enhance teamwork with visuals/marks.

Best regards
Daniel

RDM1.JPG
Clock7 days

Hello,

For your first issue, this is exactly what our Status system is for. You can see the various options in https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/home_tools.htm, rather than an icon, it changes the color of the entry.

Right click on the entry - Edit - Status

In your particular case, I would use locked which locks other users out the selected entry and prevent usage of the entry by anyone else. The holder of the lock can still use the entry. At Devolutions we also often use Warning, it displays your warning prior to any connection, good for critical servers.

As for the second issue, we've changed the default to Off for our feature named "Allow entry states", it caused performance degradation for larger customers. You can still enable it and see if it works for you. Its described in https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/datasourcesettings_general.htm

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock7 days

Hello Maurice,

regarding issue 2: Thanks for the clarification.
Regarding issue 1: I already played around with these options, but I thought about an easier way to flag/mark, as we are a msp and
often switch RDP sessions a day.

Each technical employee opens/closes often more than a few dozen RDP session a day and sometimes in
a few hours while updating/troubleshooting servers, so a quicker/flexible way of flagging7setting a status (just visual) would be nice.

I think of something like rightclick on an entry -> flag -> flexible list of items/icons
... so in result one can flag a session quick as "don't touch" or "work in progress" or "Done" etc.

Maybe it is a very special demand for our situation and or I should post it in the feature request section?

Best regards
Daniel

Clock7 days

Hello,

I do not handle feature requests, I will move this thread to the relevant forum and it will be looked into.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock7 days