Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

SSH Issue with Cisco CLI Access 6.0.0.0 to 6.1.0.0

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Well I don't know if many of you had this issue before but in the MAC version of RDM I was not able to SSH into my Cisco Devices unless I had Verbose 2 enabled. For the record I don't have ANY issues on the PC version of RDM everything works flawlessly. But as I said I was never able to SSH into any of my Cisco device. If I don't use RDM and I use my local term software it works perfectly.

So after searching the forum I found a workaround which was to enable Verbose 2 logging in the SSH settings. With Verbose 2 enabled I was able to access the units when I was on my Macbook but now after upgrading to 6.1.0.0 SSH no longer works even with Verbose 2 turned on. I know there is probably not a lot you guys can do right now.
Also I've tried using the Deprecated version of SSH/Putty it worked once and then it would not work anymore. It's hit or miss. Anyway if anyone can shine some light on this or maybe has another workaround fix please let me know.

"Vaya con dios"

Clock7 days

Hi Johnny,

Have you tried the Experimental engine of SSH Engine? I know of at least one other user for which this engine was able to connect to his Cisco device.

You can change this setting in the Preferences -> Session Type -> SSH Shell -> General -> Engine.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock7 days

Xavier Fortin wrote:

Hi Johnny,

Have you tried the Experimental engine of SSH Engine? I know of at least one other user for which this engine was able to connect to his Cisco device.

You can change this setting in the Preferences -> Session Type -> SSH Shell -> General -> Engine.

Best regards,

Thank you! That did it! It is now working correctly!

"Vaya con dios"

Clock7 days

Awesome!

Don't hesitate if you encounter any other issues.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock7 days