Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

View Password on username/password Credential Not Working

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I assigned the view password permission to a role but when the user right clicks on the credential the View Password option is not shown.

Clock10 days

Hello,

What version of RDM are you running?

What type of data source are you using?

What type of user have you created? Read Only, Restricted?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock8 days

RDM Version: 14.0.6.0
SQL Server Datasource
User Type: User

Clock8 days

Hello,

Would you be able to, when connected as the user with the issue, go in File -> My Datasource Information and send us that report.
If you could also send us a screen shot of the Privileges tab of the Role it could help.

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock6 days

My Datasource Information was sent to support. Here is the role privileges:

Clock5 hrs

Hello,

Your user indeed has the right to see the Password Reveal (On the user level). Since the role is set the Default, you would need to check if in Administration -> Root Settings, under security -> Permission and check if the Role itself as the Right to view password.

If it's set to "Never", it will indeed not work because the "Default" in your Role will refer to that "Never" in Root settings.
2018 12 11 10 12 06

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

2018-12-11_10-12-06.png
Clock4 hrs

That did it! Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks,
Lee

Clock4 hrs