Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Credential Type - IAM Credentials for AWS

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I want to standarize an entry type that is for IAM credentials. Some basic meta data like:
AccountNumber
AccountAlias
IAM Creation Date
AccessKey
SecretKey

I can't figure out how to generate a standard with fields to fill in for team, to ensure consistency with required fields all being filled before can save. Is there some way to do this?

Additionally, would be really interesting to have a synchronizer built for parsing AWS cli credentials file (ini format) and turn those into devolutions entries.

Clock12 mths

Hello,
Where do you save those metadata? Do you think that we should create a new credential type?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock12 mths

There's two feature requests I have relating to this:

1) Create a credentials entry where you can simply specify a profilename, and have it load the actual key and secret out of the existing credentials file (either SDK or plain credentials file would work). This avoids having to have the keys stored in multiple places.
2) Allow using these credential entries with the other AWS entries (Console, S3 explorer)

Clock9 mths

I am also struggeling logging into AWS with RDM. How can I log into these forms automatically?

https://console.aws.amazon.com/?nc2=h_m_mc

Clock8 mths

@perler,

Have you created a web browser entry?

Are you launching the session in embedded or external mode?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

sure, as an embedded session. but the username/password credentials entry has only username/password/domain whereas aws uses username/password and account ID and alias

Clock7 mths

Hello,

Unfortunately, according to my tests, you will not be able to auto-fill your credentials on this page using an Embedded browser session, because the sign in process is in two steps.

You should be able to connect on the site in External mode, using out DWL browser extension to fill the credentials.

If you'd like more information about DWL, here is our online help section about it : https://helpserver.devolutions.net/devolutionsweblogin.htm (Since we just released a new version of DWL the screenshots might be a bit outdated, but the information should still be relevant)

Best regards,

Gabriel Degrandpré

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths