Forum / Password Vault Manager - Support

Trouble with Active Directory Integration

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi. I'm testing the Vault until tomorrow before deciding to buy the product. I run into some trouble.

I copied the data from my RDM DB to DPS and defined roles. So far so good, but I have an issue with the user management. If I connect myself through the Password Server or RDM, it creates me as DOMAIN\username. When I try to use the DPS website or import from AD, it creates the user as username@DOMAIN (even though I logon to the website as DOMAIN\username). Somehow it does not see that those users are the same. Result: AD users cannot logon in RDM (... even though the error does show it couldn't login with DOMAIN\username) and users exist twice, once in every format. Which is a problem for the private vault. Can anyone explain why this is happening?

On a side note, the server is a single instance MSSQL Express with one DB for RDM and another DB for DPS.

Clock12 days

Hello,

What is the Username format selected in the Automatic User Creation section of the Domain tab of your DPS settings?

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock12 days

Hello. Sorry for my late reply, but I was on-site with a customer.

I created a new SQL instance and made a new DB. This time I used NetBios name instead of UPN (though I still don't understand why the behaviour would be different). The Vault website and Chrome plugin work fine now, but Remote Desktop Manager says user ACME\Bla cannot logon.

In principle I need to take a decision today (CET) on buying the product and I would really like to buy it, but I can't demo it to the people whose approval I need.

Clock8 days

Hello,

About the Username Format, I should have been more explicit that if this parameter has been changed, it can cause duplicate user accounts. I would recommend you to instead set it to UPN. But if it's still not working, I will check if someone is available to do a remote session with you today as my own schedule is completely booked today.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock8 days

Hello Érica and thank you. I'm available until 18:00 CET (which is 13:00 EST). If not otherwise possible, I can login from home after 21:00 CET (16:00 EST).

Clock8 days

Hello,

Luckily, my colleague Alex will be available at 10:15am EST for a 30 minutes call. You should receive an email from our ticketing system soon with the remote session details.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock8 days

Alrighty, I'm online.

Clock8 days

Hello again Érica. It was a conceptual error from me: I connected RDM directly to the SQL server and not to the DPS!

A million thanks to Alexandre who spotted that!

Clock8 days

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and glad that Alexandre has found the cause of your issue.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock8 days