Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Web Browser - Run Asynchronous

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Is it at all possible for y'all to run the System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser control in an asynchronous manner? Half of the connections we work with are browser related so we constantly find that the application will stop responding until the the web control returns control back to the main thread. I've also noticed this with other various components of RDM. One of them also being VPN connections that first close out certain processes before connecting. The application will just freeze for a short while. Seems like there is some room for improvement on running tasks asynchronously.

Overall the application handles everything very well, considering the amount of connections. But time could be saved if I'm not having to wait on a browser session to load, and that time adds up.

HB

Clock11 mths

I can confirm you that it's not possible to run it in a different thread than the UI thread. I already tried without success.

Sorry about that.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

Thanks for the quick reply David. That's really unfortunate! I'll try to do some research and see if I can figure anything out and if I do I'll post back.

HB

Clock11 mths

It's related to the ActiveX (IE). Let me know if you find something.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

Have y'all made any progress internally on investigating this? As much as I would like to help find a solution for y'all, we have our own projects we are working on. RDM just seems to freeze up a lot when it's connections start blocking the main UI thread. Although I notice that if you run the tab in an undocked mode that it doesn't continue to block the main application? Perhaps this is something we can take advantage of (fake undocking?). We have some users who are running some ok-ish specd laptops that just get pinged hard from RDM lockups and performance issues, where as my dev specd laptop handles a lot better (but not at all perfect). Often times when RDM is locking up, it affects the system overall and makes it sluggish.

HB

Clock10 days

Hello,
Nothing new on our side unfortunately.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 days