Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

New Event before connect: Message Prompt whit input

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Under a Remote Connection entry, you have the Event Before connect.
Today you have the options None, Script, Command line, Messgae Prompt, Macro/Script/Tool, Powershell, Copy to clipborad.
What about add Message Prompt whit input of a Variable that can be used in the connection.

Clock5 mths

It sounds interesting but do you have a real life usage example?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

The thing I wanted to do was:
I have a Linux computer in a remote location that I use to do security check from.
I have created An SSH connection for each report, This SSH Shell connections has the commands that is going to be run on the remote computer is under Post login.
This command does need to contain the IP or URL on the system the is going to be tested, so the user input is the IP or URL of the system to be tested.
But you can drop this because I solve it by creating a python script on the remote computer that asked the user for input.

Clock5 mths

Thank you for the details.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

I'd like to reopen this feature request since I DO have a scenario
Testing out CyberArk PSM in combination with Devolutions RDM now. This in combination with Non personal accounts stored in CyberArk vault.
This requires us to setup an RDM connection of type Microsoft RDP to the CyberArk PSM host, then in General - Programs enable: Start this program on connection (alternate shell).
In the shell executable we specify:

psm /u [CyberArk-Username] /a [Target servername FQDN] /c PSM-RDP

But since the [CyberArk-Username] is a NonPersonal account, we have several (due to concurrent usage) so we'd like to select or type it.
the [Target servername FQDN] can be replaced by Variable names, like $INFORMATION_MACHINE_NAME$.$MACHINE_DOMAIN$
but to avoid having to create an RDM entry for each host for each non personal account, I'd like to have a pre-connect trigger / script / popup message box asking for the [CyberArk-Username] and drop that into a variable, so I can set the variable in the psm /u commandline

Regards, Ben

Clock3 mths

Hi Ben,

Sorry to jump in, but I think we might have something for this.
Instead of asking user to type a username and to avoid errors. You can use the Management Tools section of the RDP entry.

Credentials under Management Tools section refer to secure entry as Password List (which can be your CyberArk Username list) or a folder with multiple Username and password entry. By using this you can also control with the permission who see which credential.

Under Credentials, Select Credential repository, --Prompt on connection-- and link with the Credentials Folder.

Tool Prompt

Then in Program on connection replace the line

psm /u [CyberArk-Username] /a [Target servername FQDN] /c PSM-RDP

by

psm /u $TOOL_USERNAME$ /a [Target servername FQDN] /c PSM-RDP

As you mentioned for the Target servername multiple variable can be use.

Please let me know if this could work or if you need more detail.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on Monday, April 22, 2019.

signaturesignature

Tool_Prompt.png
Clock3 mths

David
thanks for your quick reply. I've been building and testing this, and it works like a charm.
I created a new folder in my credential store folder, and put some empty credential objects inside with usernames matching our possible CyberArk usernames. Then after modifying the Management Tools credentials as you specified does indeed give a popup for credentials where I can easily select a user name that is subsequently injected in my psm commandline .

Great and thanks!
Ben van Zanten

Clock3 mths

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad that it works fine for you.

Regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on Monday, April 22, 2019.

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths