Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Add in saving of / passing in passwords to Watchguard SSL VPN

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

For a while now the watchguard client release by watchguard (Watchguard Mobile VPN with SSL) has a pasword field in it's connection dialog. However in the RDM the VPN client called "Watchguard SSL VPN) doesn't allow for the storage of, and I would assume passing in of this value when using a credential repository or another way where the password is stored.

I would like to suggest that this functionality be enhanced so this information can be passed into the VPN client. Currently, we are needing users to copy the password from a credential entry located in the same folder as the client and paste in the dialog when it pops up.

Let me know if you need any other clarifications to this request.
Marcel

Clock18 days

Hello,

The task that your Users need to perform manually could be achieved with an "Auto Typing Macro".
This feature would allow you to configure a macro that would be launched, after upon a short while, upon opening your entry.

For more information on that matter, please refer to the following links:
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/settings_events_autotypingmacro.htm
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/howto_typingmacro.htm

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock15 days

I looked into things quickly and since i need it to run before the connection completes. I am not sure yet as to how to create a macro similar to how the after connect functionality works/ examples shown in links.

I did see the copy to clipboard functionality but so far I am unsuccessful with gettting that password which could prevent a step. However, that doesn't seem to be working as well for me, I do not see the value in the clipboard or the copied to clipboard notification with RDM.

Hopefully this enhancement will make it one day.

Clock11 days

Hello,

Our Watchguard SSL add-on is based on a command line and it was not possible to send the password, so this is why there's no password field.

If you can provide us a working command line that allows you to send the password, maybe we can adjust our code inside the add-on to support it.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock8 days

I have contacted Watchguard support and looking into our options. I will let you know when I have an update on this topic.

Clock6 days