Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

Chrome entries crash RDM after updating to Windows 10 1809

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi all,

Had two staff update to Windows 10 1809 a couple weeks ago while Microsoft briefly had the update released. Since they updated, any entries in RDM that force the user to use Google Chrome cause RDM to enter a "Not Responding" state. The rest of us on 1803 were not experiencing the problem.

With Microsoft re-releasing the 1809 update in the last 24 hours, I have updated my computer as a test and am experiencing the same problem now. I tested a couple of entries and made sure my Chrome was up-to-date before installing 1809 (all tests worked). Updated to 1809 and tried the same entries in RDM and am now experiencing the same freezes.

Windows version: 1809 (OS Build 17763.107)
RDM version: Enterprise 14.0.6.0 64-bit
Chrome version: 70.0.3538.102 64-bit

Troubleshooting completed:
-Reinstalled RDM
-Reinstalled Chrome (note: the issue continued to occur when trying to run Chrome entries with no version of Chrome installed on the PC)
-Setting the Chrome entry to open externally works
-Changing the entry to use IE or Firefox resolves the issue. Changing back; issue returns.
-Confirmed Windows/RDM/Chrome have no pending updates

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Have you seen this thread on our forum?
https://forum.devolutions.net/topic30553-chrome-and-firefox-slowness-embedded-mode-after-installing-windows--.aspx

The solution is to go in File -> Options -> Types -> Web and enable the option Disable Rundll32.exe usage

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Thanks Jeff,

This fixed it for me. My apologies for not seeing that post in the support section. I did look through the Bug Reports area and figured a lack of similar posts meant this had not been reported yet.

Thanks again!

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

No problem! Glad that is now working!

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

I have the same Problem with 1809, what can i do upset

Tanks,
Thomas

Clock10 mths

@thomas17,

What version of RDM are you running?

Have you tried to enable the Disable rundll32.exe option in File -> Options -> Types -> Web?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths