Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Templates => Organization with Folders

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

would it be possible to add for the Template feature the organization with folders? And the views Tiles, List, Details, Large Icons (like as in the Attachments section) At the moment only a list view (only Name column) is available.

Background:
If you have many different customers, you have a lot of customized templates at the root level, a organizsation for each customer would be better - like you can create a folder Customer A and here you put all Customer A related templates in it - same for Customer B... and on the root folder you could store "universal" templates

Also the folders should be browsable if you have Template list configured in the data source settings.

Could be useful for a better structure and simplified organization if you own many templates

What do you think?

Thanks!

Regards,
Min

Clock6 mths

Hello Min,

That's a great idea, we'll see what we can do and I'll let you know what we come up with. smile

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hello,

The way we've done the feature is by letting you put in a template folder in the template:

2018 12 11 16 01 09

Then, in the list, it will be organised into groups:

2018 12 11 16 00 16

At the moment, there's only one level of grouping since it was more simple to do.
As usual, this will be available in the next RDM version. Please let us know what you think!

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

2018-12-11_16-01-09.png
2018-12-11_16-00-16.png
Clock5 mths

Hello Hubert,

Wow - awesome work! Thank you very much!

I tried the new feature and have a few suggestions wink :

• Ability to mark multiple templates and move it with the mouse to an existing template folder
  • (with a very low priority) it would be nice to have the ability to edit the template folder color
additonal I have an ideo to improve respectively expand the current feature - here a short description:

This feature make only sense in a special scenario - for example if you're manage different customers/companies.. so I'll try to explain the idea..

• the data source setting is set to "Add option => only Templates"
  • Different templates for different customers are created
  • session root folders looks like *Customer A* , *Customer B* , *Customer C* ...
so the "problem" is, when you're adding a new session under *Customer C* you don't want to see the templates for the other customers..

So the feature I was thinking about will be an additional option at folder level (maybe in the advanced section) called *Template search path* or similar - here you can select the *Customer C* from the template tree view.
If you set this option and add now a new entry in this or in a sub folder it will now only displayed the templates within the selected *Customer C* template list...

Hope this make sense! wink

Thanks!

Regards,
Min

Clock5 mths

We'll take a look at these requests and see what we can do. smile

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths