Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Problem with Web Browser session Entry using external display not passing login/ password info

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi There, First time post, sorry new to the product, could not find answer in forums/ documentation.

Using RDM version 14.0.5.0 64bit
Using the Chome browser/ extension installed.
Using Web Browser HTTP/HPPS Session.

I can successfully use the embedded tab option and the application can successfully fill my web page form values/ login values and then activate/ press the submit button to successfully log into the site.

However when I use the external option for the chrome browser (extension is installed) it will not populate the values. Looking to see what I am missing.

Thanks...
Marcel

Clock12 days

Hi Marcel,

please make sure that in the Web Browser entry on the Advanced tab the option Enable web browser extension link is enabled.

Regards,
Min

Clock12 days

Okay, I did not have this selected but I do have it now and it still doesn't seem to work. I swapped back to embedded and it still works there.
In this advanced dialog not sure if the compare type is related to the setting, however it currently is set to default.

Any other idea's?

Clock12 days

Hi Marcel,

can you provide the URL for the website?

Regards,
Min

Clock12 days

I will message you in a private note. Thanks for looking into this for me.

Clock11 days

Updating ticket since some communications have happened in private messages.
- Still unable to get the autofill and auto submit to work for an application I am troubleshooting when launched Externally. Things work when launched embedded.
- Using the Chrome Browser (70.0.3538.77)
- DWL browser add-on chrome extension exists and has auto fill and auto submit turned on.
- DWL does list the login credentials and when manually chosen/ selected will auto fill and submit login.
- I had also the lastpass chrome extension installed/ enabled. Disabled this extension in case this was the issue. Closed all browser windows and retried with no success.
- The same settings works for another different application/website which autofills login information and submits login with similar settings to the non-working site.

Any other idea's.
Marcel

Clock5 days

Hello Marcel,

As I understand, you are not able to send the credentials to a specific website using DWL. Am I correct?

Is this a public URL? Could you you provide us the URL so that we can test it internally?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock5 days

Hi Jeff,
You are correct, the login values are not filled in automatically and also the submit is also not happening.

I sent you the URL in a private message.

Min previously tried and sent me a session file to import and it had the same problem. But he said it worked for him internally.

Please advise on what I am missing.

Clock5 days

@Marcel,

Thank you for the private message. We will perform a few tests internally and get back to you.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock4 days

Hello,

Thank you for your URL, it has allowed me to test this website in our environment.

That being said, I am still unable to reproduce the issue you are currently having with the Devolutions Web Login extension.
The credentials are getting filled in and they are also automatically submitted.

Could you please try to recreate another entry for this website using the DWL extension instead?

To do so, please navigate to your website, click on the icon of the extension and click on the "+" sign.
Plus

Enter your Username and Password in the New Entry window, either select "Vault" or "My Private Vault" to store your entry and click on save.
Cred

Upon entering the website, your credentials should be automatically filled and your form submitted.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Plus.jpg
Cred.jpg
Clock4 days

Hi James,
Thanks for the reply, i have performed the steps you suggested above and yes this method works for me. It does fill in the fields and does perform the submit.

However what I am trying to do is using a session of Web Browser (http/https) and entering the URL in this session.
Display using an external/ default
Using credential repository for common credentials stored outside of the Client folder.
General Tab
Using Chrome Browser (extension shown as installed)

Login tab/ credentials
Auto submit checked
Login tab/Html Control ID
Profile default
Form ID - LoginPageForm
username id: txtLogin
password Id: txtPass
Login button ID: btnLogin
All other fields blank.

Advanced tab
Enable web browser extension Link (checked/ enabled)
Compare type: default

Now what I am expecting and maybe this is wrong. When I lunch the session from RDM and an external browser window/ tab is created. I would expect the login form fields to be populated and submitted automatically and then logged into the application.
Or is it necessary for me to have to click on the DWL extension/ icon and choose the credentials for the site listed there?

From what I can tell, following your steps above allowed me to enter the site when I setup the credentials in the DWL extension.
However if I used the credentials shown in DWL that I believe was created by RDM in this exension (since i removed my manually created/ personal vault before testing). These do not populate the form fields nor does it submit the form.

So I guess that is my problem, please let me know if you have any other questions.
Marcel

Clock4 days

Sorry, I was wrong in my last paragraph. The credentials created from RDM in DWL did populate the form fields when I choose them manually, however they do not auto submit.
So I am not sure if this is normal to have to manually choose the values, or they should be automatically populated and submitted when coming from RDM.

Please remember everything also works when Display is set to embedded.

Marcel

Clock4 days

Hello,

Does this behavior occur on more than one website? I have been able to reproduce this behavior using the URL you provide us via Private message. The credentials are indeed filled in but the auto submit is not performed.

I will need to investigate in order to see if the "auto submit" option is disabled on that website.

Also, the "manual solution" I provided you above ensure that a credential is created for the exact login page you are currently navigating to.
Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock1 day