Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Update RDM client from v12 to v13 using MSI

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi there,

Is it possible to generate a new MSI installer where users don't receive a message at startup of RDM asking them what they would like to do with the new default configuration file?

When I generate a new MSI install file and quietly push it to users who already have RDM installed, when the user starts RDM they receive a message that there is a new config file an they have to chose what they want to do with the config file.

See screenshot: https://imgur.com/Zp4ywsp

Clock10 days

Hello,

this is possible with a GPO setting called "Force the loading of the default.cfg file" more infos about here

This will require version 13.5 and higher!

Regards,
Min

Clock10 days

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Well, the thing is I don't want to force them a new config file. I just want to update their RDM installation. If I force them a default config file, users will lose other data sources if they have them.

Clock10 days

Hello,

I have only expierience with the setting Enabled - but if you set it to Disabled - I guess the existing .cfg file will be used.

Regards,
Min

Clock10 days

Unfortunately that doen't work. Users still receive the question what they would like to do with the configuration.

Clock10 days

Hi,

ah - ok sorry I thought that works like I mentioned

Regards,
Min

Clock10 days

No problem, thank you for your help.

Clock10 days

Hello,

Just a quick message to let you know that a ticket has been opened to our engineering department to add a way to use the MSI without getting the prompt for configuration file.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock10 days

Jeff Dagenais wrote:

Hello,

Just a quick message to let you know that a ticket has been opened to our engineering department to add a way to use the MSI without getting the prompt for configuration file.

Best regards,

That is excellent! Thank you very much!

Clock9 days