Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Undock session resolution set to work area screen

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

When I RDP to a server, the session runs as an embedded session. Sometimes, I need to undock the session to another monitor and compare 2 sessions on 2 separate monitors.

When an embedded session is undocked, it retains the resolution and that's normal. However, there's a lot of gray area space padding that is unused. I would like it so that when an embedded session is undocked, it will readjust the resolution and maximize to fit on the monitor (Work Area Screen). This can be fixed easily by right clicking on the title bar and select "Reconnect", however I don't want to do this manually every time. Is it possible to automate this process?

Always using the latest beta RDM version.
Local data source.

Clock7 days

Hello,

In the properties of your RDP session, in the Display tab, could try to select Smart Reconnect in the screen sizing mode field to see if that help
2018 11 12 11 20 53

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

2018-11-12_11-20-53.png
Clock2 days

Thanks Jeff. I've tried that in the past and always found it to be buggy and impacts performance. Tried it just now and looks to be OK.

Previously, I was using Smart Sizing. Is there any major difference between the 2?

Always using the latest beta RDM version.
Local data source.

Clock1 day

Hello,

Smart Sizing will stretch the remote display to fit in the tab.

Smart reconnect will reconnect the session when the window size changes.

This is the difference between the 2 options.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock1 day