Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Run remote script after connect and on disconnect

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

How can i run a vbs script on the remote system after connecting and a script after disconnecting?

Clock13 days

Hello,

Are you running RDM Free or RDM Enterprise?

If you are using the Enterprise edition of RDM, edit your entry and click on Events on your left. Inside that area, you will find a After Connect and After Disconnect tab.
2018 11 08 10 43 35

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

2018-11-08_10-43-35.png
Clock12 days

I saw that, but when i choose script it only gives me local browsing to the script. I want to run a script on the remote system.

Although i've worked around this problem, i'm still curious how to accomplish it via RDM.

Clock12 days

Hello,

Not sure that it's possible to run a script on a remote computer via RDP without being connected.

What is your workaround looks like?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock11 days

I'm not trying to run the script (on the connected system) before i connect, but after and just before disconnect. After connecting via RDP, run a script on the remote system, on pre-disconnect run another script then disconnect.

I tried the After Connect Event above but it runs locally (the machine with RDM), not remotely.

FYI, it's a .bat file.

My work around was a completely different approach.

Clock7 days

Hello Scott,

Thanks for the explanation and I'm sorry I think we create a confusion. The events section of a RDP session could run remote script. But to perform this you have to use the Macro/Script/tools integration with PSExec or PowerShell (Remote) entry. By default the Command line or any other Macro Script tool will run the script locally.

Could you please confirm your configuration and if you do not have any private information, please send us an export of the entries at ticket@devolutions.net

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock4 days