Forum / Wayk Now - Support

Connect to user sessions

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

We are trying out WAYK, so we can use that in stead of another tool to connect to users if they have issues. However, when we try to connect to a user session, that user gives us his source ID and password, WAYK prompts us for a username and password. We do not now the password of the user, and when we try to use the admin name and admin password, we are in another session. We can not look with the user.

We probably are doing something wrong, but can not figure out what …

We assumed that when a user is providing us the source ID and password, we could connect with those credentials, in stead of the Windows credentials, which are asked by WAYK.

Clock2 mths

Hi,

From your question, I see hints that you might be using Wayk Now on Windows Server with multiple user sessions, is this the case?

Make sure that you have the beta8 installed, as we fixed the default Windows session selection. Prior to the beta8, you would always get the console session, but now we have changed the behaviour to get the session in which Wayk Now is currently running. This will also fix the problem where the only authentication method offered is with a username and password, even if Wayk Now is running inside a user session with the personal password shown.

Please note that even with the beta8, we currently only support one server connection at a time in Windows Server. Wayk Now will automatically connect to the last user session that has launched the Wayk Now program. We will add proper support for multiple server connections to different user sessions in a future release.

If you still encounter issues with the beta8, please give us more details about your environment: Windows version, how Remote Desktop Services is used, etc.

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

I have the same issue - I have x64 3.0.1.0 installed on a users Win10 PC and same version on my Win 10 PC - and if the user is in front of pc and can start the app and provide the password its ok - but they usually can't. Dameware lets us connect to that session - how can I do that with wayk?

Clock14 days

Hi Mike,

In the next minor release (3.0.2, later this week), this should be more obvious with an error message saying you need a license to connect to the unattended mode. If you do not have a license, you can request a trial here: https://wayk.devolutions.net/trial

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock14 days