Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

Unable to add a user - Unable to Connect to your Data Source

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I've recently install Devolution's Password Server (6.0.1.0) but when I try and add a user (domain or database user) it errors with Unable to connect to your Data Source - Incorrect syntax near '.'. The full error is below.

From with the DPSC I can connect to the database, which is MS SQL 2017.

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Incorrect syntax near '.'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption, Boolean shouldCacheForAlwaysEncrypted)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteScalar()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseConnectionDataSource.ExecuteScalar(String sql, IDbDataParameter[] parameters)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseSecuritySubDataSource.GetUserCount()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.RDMSLocalManager.c5a58eec89843aacef5771948bc032eef()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.RDMSLocalManager.get_IsMaximumUserReached()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmSecurityManagement.ce4bd4e253cbfbb5ddabf3534658c148c(Object c19f185fd70cefc696ba148af1c4faf54, EventArgs cf1018bb83ec7debd818319fd3cb4844e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Controls.EnhancedToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
ClientConnectionId:aa120343-5a74-4168-ab0d-52851abfa622
Error Number:102,State:1,Class:15

Cheers

Jay

Clock11 mths

Thank you for reporting the issue. It has been resolved and will be available in the next build.

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

Hi Stefane,

Do you know when the next build will be released? Depending on when the next build is out can you provide me with a link to be able to down version 5 builds as navigating to previous version it only shows me version 4.7

Cheers

Jay

Clock11 mths

The issue is in the DPS Console, or via RDM's DPS Console. As a work around, you should be able to add users using the DPS web interface.

The next build of RDM/DPS Console should be today (this afternoon EST).

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

Hi Stefane,

I'm unable to login to the web interface as I don't have any users in the server?

Cheers

Jay

Clock11 mths

Sent you the link to download v5.9.13.0 via private message.

Give it a try and let me know if it works for you.

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

Hi Stefane,

Thank you,

I have installed version 5.9.13.0, but I'm having the same problem.

Cheers

Jay

Clock11 mths

Having the same issue. No users can log into the Web Portal, it's as if the login button doesn't work. I would like to downgrade the one vault that I applied 6.0.1.0 to. The others are on 5.1.1.0 and work without issue. DPSC is also on 6.0.1.0.

Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.TryGoOfflineException: Incorrect syntax near '0'.
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.SQLServerConnectionDataSource.ExecuteScalar[T](String sql, IDbDataParameter[] parameters)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseSecuritySubDataSource.IsLoginEmailAlreadyInUsed(String userId, String loginEmail)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.SQLServerSecuritySubDataSource.c420570cc362838b38ecc18ba825950e5(UserEntity cf98b881282579a38f0d3820b4755fa4a, Boolean cd589fb599494638c495afc5cf9b2449e, String ceb81d1ee93f91e0bc57f34876c263863, SaveUserInfoAdvancedCustomData ca846991ced5070300e1c8ec384f436f9, Guid[] cf090f8a8f0907c3009c224a9172cab64)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.SQLServerSecuritySubDataSource.SaveUser(UserEntity user, Boolean editMode, String password, SaveUserInfoCustomData saveUserInfoCustomData, Guid[] userGroupInfos, SaveUserElement saveElement)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.RDMSLocalManager.SaveUser(UserEntity user, Boolean editMode, String password, SaveUserInfoCustomData customData, Guid[] userGroupInfos, SaveUserElement saveElement)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmSecurityManagement.c80728f29a853e47cabf46d35e59d5589(UserEntity cc2ca667102e049892761c49c11ddef2b)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmSecurityManagement.cf0be461f582644c6a77267b76e77fdaf(Object c19f185fd70cefc696ba148af1c4faf54, EventArgs cf1018bb83ec7debd818319fd3cb4844e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Controls.EnhancedToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Clock11 mths

@Grant Kirkman

I've just fixed your issue. A new build will be available in a few hours. Until then you can try downgrading DPS to v5.1.1.0 although I'm not sure it will work (might see other errors)

https://cdn.devolutions.net/download/Setup.DVLS.Console.5.1.1.0.exe

Regards,

Fixed url link

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

@all

Here is a pre-realse build of DPS Console v6.0.2.0.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7t5nmfpp32t63gj/Setup.DPS.Console.6.0.2.0.exe?dl=1

Link is good for 7 days, password will be sent via private message.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

Hi Stefane,

Thank you,

I'm able to create user accounts now and authenticate via the web client, however trying to use the RDM client (both 14.0.3.0 and 14.0.4.0) it errors with "DVLS Server is not responding, (500) Internal Server Error" any ideas?

Cheers

Jay

Clock11 mths

Hi Jay,

Could you export your server logs and send me a copy?

To do that in your DPS.Console app find the View Logs button in the tool bar and click it.
Then right-click and export it.

Regards

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

Hello Jay,

Are you using the Windows Authentication feature in your RDM data source configuration?

If so, please consult the following forum topic.
https://forum.devolutions.net/topic30681-windows-authentication-feature-not-working-with-dps-rdm-.aspx#post122573

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

Hi Érica,

Thank you very much, I am now able to login to the server via the RDM client.

Cheers

Jay

Clock11 mths