Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Log off using Remote Desktop API not working after update to 14.0.3

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

After updating RDM to 14.0.3, the functionality for right-click logoff an RDP session is not working for me. The method configured in my global options is Remote Desktop Services API. The observed symptom is nothing happens at all when attempting to log off with this method. If I change log off method to 'shudown /l' it works...however, this is not my preferred method since I tend to log off multiple RDP sessions after the screen is locked. My company also does not allow the installation of the RDM agent on our servers.

Clock20 days

Hello,

Could you try the solution proposed in this help article to see if that help?
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/troubleshooting_logoffaccessdeniederror.htm

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock19 days

I'm not getting any errors when attempting to log off with this method. Nothing happens at all. Like I didn't click 'Log off'.

The functionality was working with the previous version, so...I don't see it being a problem with credentials or the remote machine as nothing changed with either of those.

Clock18 days

Thank you for the test. I will ask our team to verify what could be the problem and get back to you.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock18 days

Just updated to 14.0.4, RDP session log off with Remote Desktop Services API still acting like I'm not doing anything. Same issue whether I use the right-click menu logoff or the logoff button in the ribbon bar.

If I change logoff type to automatic and leave macro type set to default, I get errors saying that 'ogoff' (not typo'd) is not a valid command. Setting type to automatic and macro type to 'Logoff /l' or 'Logoff /l /f' works. But again, when using macro logoff the need to reconnect to any locked session first before logging off is a hassle.

Clock14 days

Hello,

We have reproduced the issue and are currently investigating what is causing it.

We'll get back to you when we have some news.

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock12 days

Thanks, I have the same issue.

Clock12 days

Same issue using DPS 6.0.2.0. Very buggy!

Clock12 days

Do you use the Logoff from the tab page menu or the one from the tree view context menu?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock12 days

David Hervieux wrote:

Do you use the Logoff from the tab page menu or the one from the tree view context menu?

Regards

Hi David, from the tab page context menu.

Regards

Clock10 days

Thank you.

I'm working on it and we are able to reproduce it on one computer. I will have more news soon.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 days

hello,

This issue has been fixed and is available on the beta version 14.0.6.0.

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock8 days