Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Android - Support

SQL Active Directory Integration and RDM Android 5.0

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I noticed in the latest release notes that you are no longer saying that Integrated Security (Active Directory) isn't working, does this mean that it is now working?

I've updated to this version to test it but it doesn't seem to be working?

I'm already running 14.0.2.0 on my desktop and updated the database but it keeps telling me logging information is incorrect on the latest Android version 5.0.

I've also noticed that there is now an "Active Directory Interactive" option, I've tried this as well but same response. What is this option for as I seem to be unable to find any information regarding this option?

Regards,
Errol Tu-Parker

Clock11 mths

Hi,

Integrated Security is still not supported in version 5.0.

The Active Directory Interactive option should have been hidden. It is not support supported on Android. This option won't be visible in the next release.

Thank You.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

I've noticed that you have now added Office 365 Authentication support in the latest update for DPS data source on the Android RDM.

How long away till Azure SQL can get the same kind of authentication support (with MFA enabled)? I understand that with the MFA part, we may still need to set it up the same as the Windows RDM version which is fine, just curious as to when this getting completed as this is our last hold up to moving our SQL database to Azure SQL.

Clock6 mths

Hi,

Unfortunately, event if we support Office 365 authentication, it is not possible to connect to a SQL Azure database with our identification token. To do so, we need a special library from Microsoft which is not currently available on Android.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Hi guys,

Any updates on "Integrated Security" login for your Android version?

Thanks

Clock2 mths

@Equipe Microfix,

I would suggest following these threads on that matter

https://forum.devolutions.net/topic29862-ios--cannot-connect-to-mssql-using-integrated-security.aspx?lastpage=1#post131264

https://forum.devolutions.net/topic30175-integrated-security-on-sql-server-data-source-doesnt-work-with-rdm-mac.aspx

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths