Forum / Password Vault Manager Mac - Support

"Unable to connect to the server! Specified method is not supported."

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I am attempting to setup a data source on PVM 6.0 on a Mac. The data source is located on a SQL server that uses AD for access. When attempting to test the connection to the database or server this is the error that I receive.

"Unable to connect to the server!

Specified method is not supported."

I'm using the same server settings for PVM on a PC without an issue.

Clock25 days

Hello,

I may think that you are trying to authenticate on your SQL Server data source using Integrated Security. Am I correct?

If it's the case, this is why it's not working because it's no more supported because of an issue that we have opened with Microsoft.
For all details concerning this issue, please consult https://forum.devolutions.net/topic30175-integrated-security-on-sql-server-data-source-doesnt-work-with-rdm-mac-.aspx

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock23 days

Thanks for the update, Jeff. Is there an older version of PVM that is still compatible with Integrated Security and still available for download?

Clock22 days

Hello,

I can provide you an older version yes, but it may not work properly. This will depend on your database schema.

Are you using PVM Windows as well? If yes, which version?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock22 days

We use PVM on the Windows side and are on version 10.0.

Clock22 days

Hello,

As per the release notes, PVM 5.3.0.0 is the latest version with the capability of establishing a connection with SQL Server using Integrated Security.

However, since your database has been updated with PVM Windows 10.0, not sure if this version of PVM Mac will connect.
If you want to give it a try, you can download this specific version here https://cdn.devolutions.net/download/Mac/Devolutions.PasswordVaultManager.Mac.5.3.0.0.dmg

My recommendation would be to use another type of authentication for better security and to be able to connect from all our platforms properly.
Using our Custom Login feature would be your best bet if you want to use PVM with SQL Server as the backend data source.

Please note that you also offer Devolutions Password Server which is an on-premise server with a web interface. This means that your users will get access to their data via a webpage. No need to install a client on their workstations.

Let me know your thoughts.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock22 days

The old version of PVM ended up working for us. Thanks!

Clock21 days