Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Datasource login domain issue

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi Folks,

Just updated to rdm 14.0.1.0 found a bug we're using a devolution server as a datasource with AD integration.

On the datasource user name you have domain\user with no password

When you connect to said data source it pops up the login box showing domain\user if you change it to just user with no domain it still sends whatever you've got set on the datasource to the server (so still sends domain\user).

Noticed it for a user that had his set to domain\user. Which brings me to a second bug. I updated devolution server to 6.0.1.0 as well and if we try to send the domain it shows the below in the logs and fails. If we just send just the username it works fine. I've worked around all our these issues by simply not having the domain in the datasource in the rdm client so not a problem for us.

UserName contains bad domain : DOMAIN

then a second error with

GetDomainUserIdentity - User does not belong to default domain

then another error with

DirectoryServicesCOMException - The user name or password is incorrect.

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail)
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind()
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject()
at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection.PopulateList()
at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection..ctor(DirectoryEntry entry, String propertyName)
at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyCollection.get_Item(String propertyName)
at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext.DoLDAPDirectoryInitNoContainer()
at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext.DoDomainInit()
at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext.Initialize()
at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext.get_ConnectedServer()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.DirectoryServicesManager.ValidateCredentials(DirectoryServicesQueryParameter parameters, Boolean logException)

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Are you using Devolutions Password Server (DPS) in a multi-domain environment?

Could you please send us the DPS diagnostic report using Send Diagnostic to Support from the DPS Console?
Here is the online help on how to do it.
https://helpserver.devolutions.net/kb_senddiagnostic.htm

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

No no multi-domain, I just sent through the diag report.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Thank you for your DPS Diagnostic report. I see that you have set a 2FA. I will check if I can reproduce this behavior and if this is related to the existence of this 2FA.

So, as I understand, because you have modified every data source configuration to only use the username, it works for everyone.

I will get back to you as soon as I can find something about this.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi Erica,

Yes everyone is working with the username only on the datasource.

No urgency on this one.

Craig

Clock2 yrs