Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

DevolutionsSchedulerService high CPU

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

After upgrading to DPS 6.0.0.0 i am experiencing that the service "DevolutionsSchedulerService" uses a lot of CPU and won´t stop doing that

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the service but with the same result, after a while the CPU usage goes up and won´t come down unless stopping the service

DVLS high cpu.JPG
Clock2 yrs

Hi,

Could you confirm if the Log on account in this services is configured. Many information can be found at this help topic link:
https://helpserver.devolutions.net/kb_backup.htm?zoom_highlightsub=service

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi

Yes this is configured and has been working fine before upgrading to DPS 6.0.0.0
But I noticed a setting that was strange that I now have changed so i will check if the process still goes up and down with the cpu high usage

Capture.PNG
Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Thank you for the screen shot.

Could you please set the time to one hour and the disable the Enable web backup option? This should resolve your issue. The engineering department is currently investigating on this issue why this option has been activated during the upgrade process and why no values are set in the Repeat every section.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

I configured the "Web Configuration" with path and time/repeat and after that it seems that the high cpu usage has disappeard

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and glad that the high CPU usage is now resolved.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Had the same issue here after upgraded to v 6.0.1.0.

Clock2 yrs

Hello William,

Have you tried the solution provided in this topic?

If so and you still have the high CPU usage, I will recommend you to stop the DevolutionsSchedulerService in the server services. Then please look in the Devolutions Password Server logs and send them to ticket@devolutions.net if you find something relevant.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

@William, a ticket has been submitted to our engineering department. The ticket number is DPS-2304. I will keep you posted as soon as a fix will be available.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Thank you. Is there a way to work with an engineer. We're seeing this and I need assistance in providing those logs files.

Seeing this in the logs and now unable to authenticate:

ArgumentException - An item with the same key has already been added.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
at Devolutions.Server.SettingManager.<>c__DisplayClass558_0.<GetAppSetting>b__0(DataRow r)
at Devolutions.Utils.ExtensionUtils.ForEach[T](IEnumerable`1 list, Action`1 act)
at Devolutions.Server.SettingManager.GetAppSetting(String folderInstallation)

Clock2 yrs

Hello William,

The ticket opened was for the ArgumentException error message and the engineering department is working on a solution for this issue.

The workaround is to stop and disable the DevolutionsSchedulerService in Services of the computer on which DPS is hosted. Could you please try this and let me know if you are able to log in?

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

My high CPU usage went away but then came back again , and i am also seeing the same log entrys as William wrote

ArgumentException - An item with the same key has already been added.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
at Devolutions.Server.SettingManager.<>c__DisplayClass558_0.<GetAppSetting>b__0(DataRow r)
at Devolutions.Utils.ExtensionUtils.ForEach[T](IEnumerable`1 list, Action`1 act)
at Devolutions.Server.SettingManager.GetAppSetting(String folderInstallation)

Clock2 yrs

Hello Magnus,

The workaround for now is to disable the DevolutionsSchedulerService service on the server where your DPS is hosted. As soon as I get any new information for the engineering department about ticket DPS-2304, I will post it here.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

+1 on this issue, disabled the service in the mean time.

seeing the same argumentexception errors as magnus/william

worked fine on 6.0.0.0, but not on 6.0.1.0

Clock2 yrs

+1 +1 on this issue, disabled the service in the mean time. Version 6.0.2.0

Version 6 seems to be a real problem child. Seems like a lot of bugs that break common functionality. QA?!?!

I really want this to work, as I have been waiting for the IE11 display issue bug to be fixed in 6. Come on guys, businesses rely on this tool.

Clock13 mths

Hello,

@Grant, we can offer you a remote session to investigate all your issues and see what we can do to troubleshoot them. Please send an email to ticket@devolutions.net and we will send you our online calendar to book an appointment.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock13 mths

Hello,

The new DPS version 6.1.0 is now available for download. It contains the fix for the high CPU usage and scheduler issue. RDM version 14.1 is highly recommended to connect on this DPS version.

We highly recommend to follow instructions for Upgrading Devolutions Password Server.

If you need assistance for the upgrade process, please send us an email at ticket@devolutions.net or create a ticket on the following web portal https://devolutions.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal and we will send you our online calendar to book an appointment.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock12 mths