Forum / Wayk Now - Bug Report

Wayk 3.0.0 beta 6

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Couple things I noticed

• during an uninstall of beta 6, the unattended access service hung, and refused to stop, delaying the uninstall indefinitely
  • when WaykNow captures keyboard input for the remote PC, it reproduces it on both client and host. For example, win+r opens the run prompt on both PCs.

Clock13 mths

Hi,

We are trying to reproduce the issue with the service being stuck while upgrading from beta6 to beta7. Just to confirm, you have installed beta6, then used the beta7 installer to upgrade, and the service refused to stop during the installation process? Did you perform the upgrade locally, or remotely through an RDP session? Was the Wayk Now programming running?

As for Win+R, this is something on our to do list.

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock13 mths

I haven't received beta 7 - I was only uninstalling beta 6 in order to reinstall. When I uninstalled the service, which was previously running, hung indefinitely. I performed this locally. WaykNow.exe was not running, only the service.

Clock13 mths

Hi,

You can find the latest beta downloads here:
https://forum.devolutions.net/topic30635-wayk-now--unattended-mode-beta.aspx

We tried reproducing the issue you encountered but we couldn't make the beta6 service hang. To get further, I suggest manually killing "NowService.exe" from the task manager when the installer gets stuck waiting for it to terminate. I attached a screenshot to this post for you. Once the beta6 is uninstalled, you should continue your testing with beta7.

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

taskmgr_now_service.png
Clock13 mths

When installing beta 8, the wayk now service again could not be stopped and the installation eventually times out. As you mentioned before, killing the 'nowservice.exe' allowed the wayknow service to stop, and the next installation attempt was successful.

Clock12 mths

Hi,

Can you try enabling the service logs and reproduce the issue with the logs enabled? The logs for the service are different from the main application.

From an elevated command-prompt, you can enable the logs with the following command:
wayk-now config --global LoggingLevel 1

Otherwise, you can manually edit %ProgramData%\Wayk\WaykNow.cfg and change "LoggingLevel" to 1. Once the modification is done, you can restart the service (right-click Wayk Unattended Now Service in services.msc). If the service refuses to stop, force-kill it first. Once it is running again with the logs enabled, reproduce the issue one last time, then collect the logs at the following location:

%ProgramData%\Wayk\logs\NowService.log

And send them to support@devolutions.net or post them here.

We are investigating a possible way to force stopping the service if it does not respond in a timely manner, since we cannot reproduce the issue on our side yet.

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock12 mths