Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Bug Report

Password template doesn't apply correcly

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

I have found a bug/misconfiguration in the password template.

Here is my template

If I force the use of this template in the settings and create a new entry 'Username / Password' who doesn't meet the security settings of the password template, here is the message

It doesn't warn up the user of the use of :

• Underline (2)
  • Lower-case (2)
  • Following character ø (4)

And if, I click on Generate Password it does not follow all the prerequisites of the password template as you can see on the screenshot below

But I still can add my entry even if the password doesn't comply with the security settings.

Regards,
Florian

Clock2 mths

Hello,

Do you get this in Devolutions Password Server version 5.1.1.0 or in the latest beta version?

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hello,

I'm getting this in the latest beta version of DVLS.

Regards

Clock2 mths

Hello,

I have been able to reproduce your Generate Password issue that doesn't respect the password template rules when using Generate Password. A ticket has been sent to our engineering department and the ticket number is DPS-2198.

A workaround would be using the Password Generator. Here is a screen shot of one password from the Password Generator.

About your other issue that the warning message doesn't display all password template rules, I have been able to reproduce it but I will need to check this with the engineering department to know if it is by design or a bug because I have the same behavior in RDM. I will get back to you soon about this one.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hello,

Finally it's a bug that it doesn't list all password template rules. A ticket has been sent to our engineering department and the ticket number is WIN-1391.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hello,

The issue DPS-2198 has been fixed. When generating a password, it will fulfill all password template rules.

The DPS version 6.0 contains the fix for this issue. You can download it here https://server.devolutions.net/home/download.

We highly recommend to follow the upgrade instructions on the following online help page.
https://helpserver.devolutions.net/upgrade_rdms.htm

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock29 days