Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

How to "Open Session" and refresh screen/window in full screen mode?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I apologize if this question has been asked many times. If I'm in full screen mode or hide navigation, I do not see the "Open Session" option in the Dashboard anymore. How do I open a session once in these two modes? Second, since I have to show the left navigation to see the "Open Session" in the Dashboard to launch a session, once I'm connected to the remote VM and I entered the full screen mode or hide all navigations, how do I refresh the screen or window so that I can see the VM in full screen?

Clock2 mths

Hello,

I am not sure to understand what you are looking for, would it be possible for you to provide me a video of this behavior?

Please send this video to us using the following sharefile link:
https://devolutions.sharefile.com/share/getinfo/raba75bde4424504b

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Thank you. The file is uploaded.

Clock2 mths

Hello,

Thank you for your video. It has been sent to our engineering department for further analysis.
Since you are currently using RDM MAC 5.5.1.0, this issue will be moved to the MAC section of our forum.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Thank you for getting back.

Clock2 mths

Hi,

There is multiple options that might improve your specific workflow.

To fix the problem of the session not taking all of its available place following a resize, you can switch the Sizing mode of your session to Smart Reconnect. This will trigger a reconnect when the size of the available area for the session changes which will now connect with the new resolution.

Alternatively, you can enable the "Use overlapping navigation" option. This will change the Navigation Pane to a floating controls that appears over the session (instead of on its side). No more resize.

You could also open your session directly through the Filter option. When the Navigation Pane is hidden and you do a search in the Search Field, a floating session tree will appears under the field.

Here are screenshots of what I mean for each of those cases:

ScreenSizingMode

UseOverlappingNavigation

SearchFieldNavigation

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

ScreenSizingMode.png
UseOverlappingNavigation.png
SearchFieldNavigation.png
Clock2 mths

Thank you for the help. The issue with "Use overlapping navigation" is that it will cover the Dashboard; therefore, I can't click on the "Open Sessions" icon. However, the Smart reconnect does seem to work. Again, thank you.

Clock2 mths