Forum / Wayk Now - Support

Connect from iOS devices to WaykNow 3.0 beta5 Windows host

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,
I just installed WaykNow 3.0 beta5 on a Windows10 host using the windows service feature.
I am trying to connect from an iPhone and it says "The connection failed because of incompatible protocol versions".
Is there a 3.0 beta also for iOS?

Thank you,
Roberto

Clock2 yrs

Hi Roberto,

Due to the way iOS application publishing works, we can't include the application in a .zip file for easy side loading on an iOS device. The Wayk Now unattended service beta is expecting a specific version and it looks like the iOS app is just slightly out of date. I will see today if we can modify the version check in the next beta build to accommodate this temporarily, until we can make a new iOS application release.

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Thank you!
Do you have plans for an iOS beta program on TestFlight?

Roberto

Clock2 yrs

Hi Roberto

Version 2.3.1 of the iOS Wayk Now app is available in the App Store, and should resolve the problem. You can post back here if you have any further trouble!

Sorry for the delay but it took Apple a strangely long time to approve updates this week. We will consider using TestFlight in future betas to let us iterate faster smile

Thanks again,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

I am running the IOS Wayk version 2.3.1 and the Wayk 3.0 Beta 6. I attempted to use the IOS app and I get "The TLS handshake could not be completed" and it never connects. Is there something else I need to do?

Clock2 yrs

Hi John

Can you please try the current beta (beta 7)? Here is the download link: https://devolutions.bintray.com/wayk-unattended/

Please report back here if you still experience the issue!

Thanks,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi John,

If it still doesn't work with the latest beta, can you please collect the logs on the target machine?

You can find the instructions here: https://helpwayk.devolutions.net/kb_logs.htm

Thank you!

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Beta 7.0 worked. Thanks!

Clock2 yrs

Hi John

Good news! Thanks for the update

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

I too am having the same issue, but with Windows clients (TLS Handshake fail). I'm just testing internally PC to PC behind a pfsense router / gateway... Any odd ports?

Clock7 mths

Hello

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble.

Can you be a little more specific on the issue? This thread mentions a couple of different possible error messages. What's the error message you see when you fail to connect?

Are you trying to connect by hostname / IP address? Or by using the six-digit Wayk ID (this will largely determine the transport / ports / etc used)?

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Sorry for the lack of details... I scrolled up and noticed it was an older thread...

We get the TLS Handshake error. I'm using the Wayk ID to connect.

Does computer name work? Just curious.

Keith

Clock7 mths

Hello

Computer name or IP address should work if a direct TCP connection is possible. The default port used in this case is 4489.

Connecting via Wayk ID sets up a UDP-based peer-to-peer connection (a lot like WebRTC). This works great for traversing NATs but can cause a problem on restricted networks because the inbound UDP port is random and changes every time.

Assuming all your systems are on a recent version (3.1 or newer), please can you try to enable the TCP relay option on one machine (either the server or the client). The setting is found in Options > Connectivity > "Prioritize relay servers for peer-to-peer connections". The relay connection will uses TCP/8080, and won't look like a known protocol to your firewall.

Let me know if that helps,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

The connectivity of iOS with Wayknow is really good to see using Windows hosting. But there is some problem I am facing right now whenever I am doing this process. The iTunes got uninstalled automatically from my MacBook and it's really a big problem for me. Then I am going through https://itunessupport.org/blog/why-cant-install-itunes-on-windows-10/ and I get the proper solution. If anyone also faced the same problem while applying this then they also should go through this.

Clock3 mths