Forum / Wayk Now - Bug Report

Unattended access & services install & work on Windows 10 Enterprise

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Windows 10 enterprise behaves in the same manner as Windows Server does when the .msipackage is used to iunstall Wayk now. A very pleasant side effect for those of us who have multiple virtual workstations to manage.

Clock2 yrs

This looks like a positive comment more than a bug report smile I will take it as a compliment, thank you.

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

well it's a bug in the sense that you indicate it should not work. It's positive in the sense that I'm glad it does work.

Still required three reboots however to get it working smile

Clock2 yrs

We'll get the "mandatory reboots" fixed soon enough :P

I'm glad that it works for you smile We did tests with both Windows client and Windows server editions, and we expect it to work the same. The only restriction is that while our service is aware of multiple user sessions, we are currently only able to provide a single Wayk Now server connection at a time. I can't guarantee that we have covered all possible edge cases of user session switching, and multi-user logins, but it should work. More effort is required to be able to intelligently provide multiple server sessions to the correct user sessions and start offering something that looks like a Remote Desktop Services replacement.

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

The downside to that is that many management functions on servers must be carried out on the console session. You'll need to have a method, like RDP itself, to designate if you want the console or not. For workstation OS, it's a moot point since you can only have the console session (unless you have a workaround for that).

Clock2 yrs

In the current beta, the session you get is the one currently active or "physically attached". When we handle multiple sessions better, we will either attach to specific sessions (such as the console session) specifically or create a new user session and then attach to it, just like RDP. We have done a lot of research on the internals of Windows session management to see how we would implement this correctly.

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs