Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Feature Request

MacBook Pro Touchbar Integration

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

It would be great to have the buttons bar on the touchbar of my macbook pro...
Thanks

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Your post has been moved into the Mac feature request section.

However, I am not sure to understand your request. Could you elaborate?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi Jeff,
MacBook Pros from 2017 have a oled touchbar that can be used for replace the button bar in the application windows (please see https://www.igeeksblog.com/macbook-pro-touch-bar-functions/ for refering)
A lot of software have been integrated with touchbar (MS Office, Adobe Suite, Chrome, ecc.)
It would be very usefull if your product will be the next!
Thank You
Claudio

Jeff Dagenais wrote:

Hello,

Your post has been moved into the Mac feature request section.

However, I am not sure to understand your request. Could you elaborate?

Best regards,

Clock2 yrs

Hi Claudio,

Would you have any preferences of what you'd like to see in the touch bar?

The thing is, RDM as a lot of controls and buttons, and they definitely are not all fitting in the touch bar. Would you see the Dashboard buttons ( e.g. Open Session, New Entry, Edit Entry, etc.) of the currently selected sessions in the tree? Would you like to see the actions (under the Ribbon Action tab) when you're in an opened session (e.g. Reconnect, Close, LogOff, etc.)?

I guess that what I'm asking is if you've got a precise vision of what you'd like to see supported in the touch bar?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Thank You for asking:

I think the most useful things are:
- the tab bar (like safari on mojave), for switching from opened sessions
- the vault search button (i can't see it in the mac version... it is very useful in the Win version)

- maybe some session send key function as (CTRL+ALT+DEL) , (windows Key) etc
Like some other app you can also offer a customizable touchbar (i attach the safari customizable options and other screenshots for explaining the previous feature request)
Thanks
Claudio

fullsizeoutput_a27.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_a25.jpeg
Jk4QhGe8RVijMQbdUzK8gQ.jpg
Clock2 yrs

Hi Claudio,

Those are all excellent suggestions! I'll add this to the TODO list and keep you posted on this.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs