Forum / Wayk Now - Bug Report

3.0 Beta - Non-bootable system

Upon installing the 64-bit version 3.0 beta I can't get into my system. After installing it asked to reboot, so I rebooted, now it brings me to my login screen, but upon logging in, it says "The remote procedure call failed" and takes me back to the login screen.

I booted in to safe mode and tried setting the Wayk Now service to Disabled, but that didn't help.

System is Windows 10 Pro.

Clock4 days

Hi,

I am very sorry about this issue. Did you perform a complete installation? Launch the installer again and remove "Wayk Now Remote Desktop Services" if you have it installed, keeping only the "Wayk Now" and "Wayk Now Unattended Service" components. This won't affect the unattended mode, but it will remove the component that is likely responsible for your issue.

"Wayk Now Remote Desktop Services" is basically an experimental component that modifies some remote desktop services internal behaviour that is not publicly exposed. All it does at this point is preventing a black screen inside an RDP session when the RDP client is minimized.

Let me know it works for you. If it still won't get back to a working state, please try uninstalling the 3.0 beta completely and we will investigate.

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

UnattendedModeSetup.png
Clock4 days

To help us better diagnose the cause of the problem, can you please report back the following:

Run "winver" to get the Windows version + specific build information.
Take a screenshot of the "details" property tab of C:\Windows\System32\lsmproxy.dll.

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

winver.png
lsmproxy.png
Clock4 days

Hi,

Please follow the instructions from this thread to fix your issue:
https://forum.devolutions.net/topic30604-howto-fix-possible-winlogon-issues-with-wayk-now--beta.aspx

If it still won't work, you can refer to this other thread:
https://forum.devolutions.net/topic30606-beta--breaks-windows-native-rdp.aspx#post121378

I hope it works for you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock2 days