Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Better notification that VPN connections are active

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

When connected to a VPN (GlobalVPN Client, AnyConnect, or Netextender) now, there does not seem to be a great way to tell if it is active or not. Can the VPN be highlighted if it is active or maybe a separate tab that has VPNs in it with active VPN highlighted. The way that my organization uses RDM, we are in and out of different VPNs constantly and this can be a big headache.

Clock3 mths

Just an addition, I find that the Opened and Recent Sessions tabs aren't so applicable to the user, but they do seem to be applicable to the Administrators or managers.

Clock3 mths

Hello,
This is not easy for us to detect if those VPN are opened. You could use the checkin / checkout feature to detect if a VPN is opened. What do you think?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

The Check-in/Check-Out feature is not great in our enviroment as multiple users might need to use the VPN. Also, I have issue with online/offline mode when using check-out feature and connecting/disconnecting from a VPN. Having to constant enter my two factor token everytime an adapter changes is very frustrating. Why not just, by default, highlight any VPN (Sonicwall, Netextender, Anyconnect, etc...) if it has been opened by the user in like a bright yellow way or something.

Clock3 mths

I will check what we can do.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

When do we remove the highlight?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths