Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Revealed passwords in exported xls

I have user in Datasource with almost no rights and especially with no right to view or copy password. But user can easily export Entry to xls and there can see password.

Can you please fix it and check also other export options?

Thanks

Clock4 days

Hello,

What version of RDM are you using?

What data source type are you connected to?
If it is Devolutions Password Server, what version are you using?

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock4 days

Hello,

For your information, it is possible to prevent users to export entries by setting the Export permission to None in the Privileges tab of the User Management dialog.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock4 days

Hello,

I've 13.6.7.0 64-bit

Data source Microsoft SQL Server

I disabled it temporarily in Data Source Permissions

Sketch

Sketch.png
Clock4 days

Hello,

Disabling the Export in the Data Source Permissions is another method to block the Export privilege.

So when the Export is allowed to a standard user account and it doesn't have the View Password permission, if the user exports the entries, he can view the passwords in the Excel document. We will add something to prevent this.

A ticket has been sent to our engineering department. The ticket number is DEVO-670.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock3 days