Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Importing from mRemoteNG and batch changing connection types

Hi there,

I'm trying to import connections from mremote ng into the free edition, all the connections are imported correctly but no one contains the password. Is that a bug or a configuration to set?

Also, once imported (many of them are SSH connections) i see they are configured as putty.

Is there any way we can change the configuration to use the internal ssh shell instead of putty for all ?

Clock5 days

Hello,

A ticket has been created and assigned to our engineering department in order to see what can be done regarding the lack of credentials after the importation. For further reference, the ticket number is Win-1347.

The conversion of a Putty entry into an SSH Shell entry can only be done using the "Edit-Special Action" feature from the Enterprise version of Remote Desktop Manager.

For more information on that matter, please consult the following link https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/batch_actions.htm

I will contact you via email to provide you a trial version of RDM Enterprise to allow you to convert your entries.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock4 days

Hello,

I forgot to mention that our engineering department will change how entries from mRemoteNG are imported in RDM. After this change, the entries will be imported as SSH Shell entries by default.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock4 days

Oh wonderful! Any roadmap on when we'll see this new update? I'd really love to test if freedesktopmanager is worth the switch as my daily driver for ssh connections wink

Clock4 days

Hello,

Unfortunately, since the ticket has only been opened this morning, I cannot provide any information on that matter at the moment.
I will notify you as soon as I have any update on that topic.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock4 days

Hello,

While exporting from MRemoteNG, please make sure to check the following options:
MRemoteNG

Doing so, should allow you to export your entries along with your credentials.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

MRemoteNG.png
Clock3 days

Hi James.

I already did that but didn't change the outcome upset I can give you an example file if needed

Clock3 days

Hello Andrea,

That is unfortunate, I though that this would solve this issue.

That being said, a sample of your export file would be helpful. You can send it to us using the following Sharefile link:
https://devolutions.sharefile.com/r-raba75bde4424504b

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock3 days

Uploaded, thanks!

Clock3 days

Hello,

Thank you for your sample!

A new ticket has been opened regarding the issue with the importation of a password from MRemoteNG into RDM.
I will notify you as soon as I have more information on that matter.

For further reference, the ticket number is Win-1358

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock3 days