Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Chrome and Firefox slowness embedded mode after installing Windows 10 1809

@everyone,

It may be possible that you encounter slowness issues at the opening of Firefox or Chrome embedded after installing Windows 10 1809.

We have been able to reproduce this issue internally, but we are still investigating for a possible solution.

We will keep you post in this topic on further development on that subject.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock5 days

it's more than slowness. RDM completes freezes and/or crashes when attempting to open chrome embedded sessions.
I have to resort to ending the RDM process in task manager to clear the issue.

Clock5 days

This has completely disabled my ability to use RDM for the purposes I need it for. RDP and such work, but now all of my browser sessions have stopped working 100% and I can't do anything about it.

Clock5 days

1809 is full of bugs anyway, otherwise MS wouldn't have pulled it to fix their mess. Always keep a backup of everything.

Always using the latest beta RDM version.
Local data source.

Clock5 days

After upgrading to Windows 1809 , RDM freezes / crashes.
Solution for me till now : execute RemoteDesktopManager.exe not the RemoteDesktopManager64.exe
Works on latest stable and beta on Windows 1809.
Problem ist known somewhere else in the forum.
EDIT : Link for my solution > https://forum.devolutions.net/topic28929-beta---badmoduleinfo.aspx

Clock4 days

@everyone,

RDM Beta 13.9.11.0 has been released and this version contain a workaround regarding the google chrome slowness issue in embedded mode on Windows 10 1809.

This latest beta release can be downloaded here
https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download#Beta

Once installed, go in File -> Options -> Types -> Web and check the Disable RunDLL32.exe usage option in that area.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock3 days

you mention this is a workaround. Has a root cause been identified and a solution being worked on in a future release?

Clock3 days

Hello Hazen,

This is actually a good question.

As some of you knows, RDM use a third party library to open Chrome in embedded mode. The library is named EssentialObjects as known as Chromium.

This library uses rundll32.exe and this file is the culprit of the issue on Windows 10 1809.

EssentialObject are working to remove this file from being used in a future version, so when this will be done, no more issues related to rundll32.exe should occur.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock3 days

Interesting. So when they fix their side.. will the "disable rundll32.exe" checkbox disappear in RDM?
Hoping for a quick resolution from EssentialObjects
They seem to be pretty on top of things when I look at their own support forum.

Clock3 days

Hello,

I cannot confirm if the option will be kept or removed, but I suspect that we will leave it there.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock3 days

Confirming that this workaround works for me.

Clock2 days