Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Bug Report

Issue scrolling with cursors (keyboard arrows) in ssh

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I have a problem when I scroll in a ssh session. I try to change between Standard and Experimental engine but same. If i use the "Av Page" or "Re Page" instead cursor (see at the final of the video) works but I can't move the cursor between lines, only between pages (obviously hehe)

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPF7sVoSbBs

I guess that the problem is the height calculation with the ssh terminal.

Remote Desktop Manager Enterpise Edition Version 5.5.1.0

Clock3 mths

Hello,

I have opened a ticket to our engineering department regarding this.

The ticket number is DEVO-636.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais
Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 25th, 2018, to January 1, 2019, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. More information, the issue only affect the mac version, i tried to replicate with windows version but works ok.

Clock3 mths

Hi,

I've just tested to make sure and I can confirm this will be resolved in the next release of RDM.

This is among a couple of fixes that have been made in the SSH session recently.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Woooow!!! Thanks you very much worship

I look forward to the new update

Greetings

Clock3 mths

Hi Xavier,

Do you know, more or less, when will the new version be available? Any chance of getting the beta version?

Thanks!

Clock2 mths

Hi Chema,

We're synchronizing the release with the other platforms (Windows, iOS, Android and DPS) which as been pushed back to next week.

I can provide a preview version, but are you using SQL Server or MySQL data sources and RDM on others clients (Windows or otherwise)? There is update to the data sources that will break functionality with previous versions of our clients (hence the synchronized release).

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi Xavier,

Currently, I'm using RDM with Windows, Mac, iOS and Android but with 'Devolution Online Drive' in all devices to synchronize my data source. In the future I plan to migrate it to mysql (maybe amazon rds?) but it's a plan for 'very future'. Right now I'm happy with online drive.

Is safe to start the new release of RDM with Online drive? Well, I may have another option. Is there a problem with having the preview version without synchronizing the data? Having only the data in local. Right now I prefer to work smoothly and without problems than to have all devices synchronized since 99% of my work is done on MacOS on my computer.

Thanks smile

Clock2 mths

Well, if you're using Devolutions Online Drive, you shouldn't have any issue.

Here is the version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5rdl3kmha9iqag9/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Mac.5.5.1.1539693087.dmg?dl=0

While you're at it, could you please confirm if it fixes your issue?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi!

Well, htop and vim fixed! Now i can scroll, but i found an issue. Is about "iotop" (uploaded to youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4P36svdvk4 ). Maybe the problem is how the iotop (or rdm) calculate the width of the display and try to "adjust" to one line.

I have another problem too, but i don't know if is a real problem. In a random time, a crash causes the program to close (opening new ssh terminal, saving entry to datasource, or even doing nothing). After restarting the mac, it seems that the error has not happened again. Maybe there was some library from the old application and it was mixed with the new one. I'll review and comment.

Thanks for all !

Clock2 mths

Hi,

I have weird drawing behavior with iotop, but not exactly the same as yours. I'm not familiar with the command. What were you doing (which key were you using) exactly to cause the lines to get messed up like this?

As for the crash, were you prompted with an error windows when you relaunched RDM after the crash?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Oops... I forgot to copy it. upset If the program crash again I will remember to copy the error. But yes, after the crash, I reopen RDM and an error appear.

About the iotop error, only use the left and right cursors. With those keys, you can move between columns (TID, PRIO,USER,DISK READ,DISK WRITE,SWAPIN,IO,COMMAND). And 'q' to exit.

Clock2 mths

Hi Chema,

For the crash, you can just send a report (there should be a button for this in the error window), I'll end up receiving it personally.

As for the "iotop", I've filed the issue. After looking at the video again, I definitely can't reproduce your issue though. The only thing I get is a minor layout glitch where the header line gets written on it's previous line. Do you have other SSH servers on which you can connect and if so, can you reproduce the issue on them too.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

I've been using RDM all day and it hasn't crashed.

I have tested the iotop command on more servers with the same result. I have also tried to reduce and increase the font size but it does exactly the same thing. The font size shown in the video is 11. Tested with Ubuntu 16 and CentOS 6/7. If you want me to do a more specific test or something you just have to tell me, I will be happy to do it.

Thanks

Clock2 mths

Thanks for the follow up.

Good news, the engineer that works on the terminal was able to reproduce your issue. I'll keep you inform when progress is made on a fix.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Wow! That's fantastic news!! Again, thanks you very much!! I'll be watching for updates.

Clock2 mths

Hi Chema,

A fix has been made for the "iotop" issue, which should be available in the next release.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths