Forum / Password Vault Manager - Support

Creating new records - selecting folder

Why when I create a new record do all of my folders not show up to select the current folder:

here is my folder structure
PVM3

and folders listed when click ...
PVM4

PVM3.jpg
PVM4.jpg
Clock10 days

Hello,

What version of Password Vault Manager are you using?

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock9 days

Hello,

I have been able to reproduce the issue and fix it quite easily. The reason why the folder are not listed is because they are virtual folders and do not exist in the database as an entry. Virtual folders can be created on the creation of an entry by manually enter a folder name that doesn't already exist.

To fix this, please edit the unlisted folder, modify any properties and the save the folder. This should do the trick.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock9 days

Sorry, I dont understand...where can I manually enter a folder name? my folder hierarchy appears to be physical folders as I can view properties of them

Clock7 days

Hi Grant,

here you can find a description regarding the Virtual Folder feature (this links to the RDM help topic, but it's the same for PVM wink )

Regards,
Min

Clock7 days