Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Feature Request

VMware Remote Console : Mac

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi ..

Was looking through the Mac version of RDM, and I noticed 2 missing things.

1. There's no entry for a VMware Remote Console session, even though there is one in the Windows version; and VMware has a Remote Console app for Mac.
2. The Mac RDM doesn't seem to have an 'Add-On Manager', so I don't see where we can add other connections/session types.

Any comment ?

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Please note that your post has been transferred into the RDM Mac feature request section.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais
Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 25th, 2018, to January 1, 2019, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hi Ivan,

I'm not familiar with the VMware Remote Console app. Does it support command line arguments, AppleScript or any other means to communicate with the app programmatically?

As for the Add-On Manager, RDM Mac does not support Add-On. So there is no Add-On Manager. When we integrate Add-On sessions in RDM, we integrate them directly in the application. Is there any specific Add-Ons you'd like to see in RDM Mac?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

From what I understand, it's basically following the same functionality as the Windows version.
It opens a VMRC link to an object.

https://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2015/04/standalone-vmrc-now-available-for-mac-os-x.html

I just tried running an 'open' on a VMRC link, and it worked.
So .. I guess you could capture that somehow, dunno .. never tried it on your Windows implementation.

Clock3 mths

Hi,

I'll add this to the TODO list and will do the required investigation when we get a chance. I'll update this post with any progress.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths