Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Quick Connect - login automatically upon template selection

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi team,

I have a few templates configured with different sets of credentials. Under Quick Connect, I'd simply type in the name of a server that I want to RDP to, select the template with the credentials that I want to use and press enter and off we go. It's quick and it's simple, much better than creating multiple entries and find it in the tree.

As I'm lazy and would like to make this process even more efficient, I would like to request that upon selecting a template, RDM will load the session straight away without the need for user to press enter. Is this possible?

Always using the latest beta RDM version.
Local data source.

Clock2 mths

I don't think that we will be able to add this in our roadmap for the next version (we are about to release the RC) but I will add this to our todo list.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi David,

With the release of v14, would this be something you could look into implement in the next version or so? I imagine if it's just adding an "execute enter button" step upon a Quick Connect template selection, it should be pretty relatively straightfoward?

Local data source.

Clock8 days

Could you post a print screen of where you see the Execute Enter button?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 days

Hmm, not sure why I didn't get any notifications for this topic (and some other topics on this forum) and I haven't unsubscribed or changed any forum settings or profile settings. No changes on my email account either. Hasn't been an issue before.....

Anyway, there's no "execute enter button". What I meant was, if you can simulate an "enter button" press upon a Quick Entry template selection, then it'll achieve the goal.

Local data source.

Clock2 days

I thought I was understanding but I think that I miss something. Could you post a print screen of the Select Template dialog?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 days

I hae multiple Quick Connect templates. Each template has a different set of RDP credential settings.

E.g.

Template1:
Username = Test
Password = Test

Template2:
Username = Test2
Password = Test2

I would then type in a server that I would like to RDP to, select a template, then press ENTER on my keyboard. If I need to access the same server under 2 separate accounts, I would then select another template and press ENTER.

Basically, it's a 3 step process (type in server, select template, press ENTER). I would like to NOT press ENTER at the last step and simply click on a template to load the session, making it a 2 step process.

Local data source.

Clock1 day

Now I understand. I will could add a setting to open the connection when the quick connect field is not empty?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock1 day

Yup that will work. I was thinking that when you select a template, it'll just connect. Or simulate an "enter" keypress event (which is what I was talking about earlier), upon clicking on a template entry. Whichever method is the easiest for you to implement, as long as the end result is the same smile

BTW, I'm still not getting any email notifications and I am definitely subscribed to this topic. Also, this is ticked:

Email isn't blocked or in my spam folder either. Is there something wrong with the forum's email notification?

Local data source.

Clock1 day