Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Feature Request

Clipboard buffer timeout

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

Password managers like KeePass provide a functionality where the clipboard buffer is cleared automatically after a predefined timeout, so that passwords cannot be pasted by accident.

Are you planning to add this feature on your roadmap?

Regards

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

We have transferred your request to the engineering department and they will check if it is possible to clear the clipboard from the browser. I will let you know as soon as we get any information from the engineering department.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Do you have an ETA on this feature?

Best regards

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

I am afraid to say that there is not ETA on this matter right now. I will ask if they can increase the priority for your request.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

I just want to inform you that the next Devolutions Password Server release (2019.1.10 or higher) will contain a functionality that will ask for clearing the clipboard content 10 seconds after copying a password in the clipboard.

Here is a screen shot of prompt to clear the clipboard content.
2019+05+14+9+03+47

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

2019-05-14_9-03-47.png
Clock7 mths

Could we please have the solution automatically clear the clipboard? The Devolutions Password Vault application had this functionality. I am unclear as to why you would go backwards in a critical feature.

Clock6 mths

Hello,

The clearing clipboard functionality has been implemented recently on the DPS web interface. Because of a browser limitation (Firefox and IE 11), DPS needs to prompt the user to clear the clipboard.

An improvement has been made internally and the next DPS version will no longer prompt to clear the clipboard on Chrome, Opera and Edge.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths