How is it that you can't log an SSH session? I know we don't have feature parity with Windows, but come on... It would be super useful to have this most basic of features.

Clock9 days

Hi,

I'm pretty sure you can, no? There is the Verbose, Enable logging and Log path options in the Advanced tab of SSH Shell, Tunnel and Port Forward sessions. Are they not working for you?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock9 days

Maybe I used the wrong term. Session recording? As in, I want to log the contents of an SSH session to a text file.

Clock9 days

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

We'll be looking into it and I'll post back when there will be progress.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock9 days

Hi,

Just to confirm with you. Are you referring to the "Printable output" log mode in RDM Windows?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock8 days

I'm referring to the RDM Windows action "Start Recording".

https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/#_ga=2.253843720.1857547646.1536777016-1972975632.1536777015

Thanks,
Jon

Clock8 days

Hi,

Alright, I see what you mean now. This was already on the TODO list, but the implementation on the SSH Shell session (based on Putty) in Windows has not been made yet. We were waiting for the implementation to be completed on RDM Windows before bringing it in RDM Mac (to share the same implementation).

There is two types of SSH sessions in RDM Windows. The SSH Shell one and the deprecated SSH Shell (Rebex) session. Only the latter supports Session Recording as of now.

I do not have a time frame as of yet for when this will be available. I'll get back to this post when I have further news.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock8 days