Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

Install DVLS-Prerequisites.ps1 does not work

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi there,

I'm trying to install PasswordServer on an clean Windows Server 2016 machine but getting an error while installing the requirements.
That machine has no direct internet connection. Is there an offline package available, or what can I do?
(I already tried with setting an proxy connection in IE and also setting this via net sh cmd, but this does not help.)
When running the powershell script for installing the basics I get an error:

PS D:\Programs\Devolutions\Remote Desktop Manager\Scripts> .\DVLS-Prerequisites.ps1
Exception calling "DownloadFile" with "2" argument(s): "Unable to connect to the remote server"
At D:\Programs\Devolutions\Remote Desktop Manager\Scripts\DVLS-Prerequisites.ps1:451 char:1
+ $wc.DownloadFile($url, $output)
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (smile [], MethodInvocationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebException

Time taken: 21 second(s)
WARNING: The configuration 'DevToolsConfiguration' is loading one or more built-in resources without explicitly
importing associated modules. Add Import-DscResource –ModuleName 'PSDesiredStateConfiguration' to your configuration to
avoid this message.

Directory: D:\Programs\Devolutions\Remote Desktop Manager\Scripts\_configurations\push\DevToolsConfiguration

Mode LastWriteTime Length Name
---- ------------- ------ ----
-a---- 12.09.2018 16:20 2440 localhost.mof

Thanks in advance,
Constantin

Clock2 yrs

After modifying the script and adding following content, it works. But this is not user friendly... ;-)

$wc = New-Object System.Net.WebClient
$WebProxy = New-Object System.Net.WebProxy("http://proxy.server:8080",$true)
$Wc.Proxy=$webproxy
$wc.DownloadFile($url, $output)

Clock2 yrs

Hi Constantin,

The powershell script tried to download wpilauncher.exe via this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=255386 (line 446 in the script) in order to install Web Platform Installer, which is useless if your server cannont connect to internet.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Thank both of you for the feedback about the prerequisite PowerShell script.

We will add detailed instructions inside the script and on the online documentation page that an internet connection is required to download the Web Platform Installer and the URL Rewrite Module.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

@everyone, the PowerShell script has been updated and will now display the download links for WebPI and URL Rewrite Module when no internet connection is available. This will be available in the next version of Devolutions Password Server Console.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs