Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

two finger scrolling in all of RDM remote sessions slow

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Since I have a Dell XPS 15 9570 I see problems when using the two finger scroll vs. the mouse scroll inside all RDM windows. It is most obvious (and comparable) in http connections via chrome. have a look, in both screencasts I scroll constantly with the touchpad, every second or so.

here native chrome:

https://www.screencast.com/t/xx2v62FBqRQi

here RDM ( I actually sroll down and then up again, as nothing is happening for some seconds):

https://www.screencast.com/t/H2G0hwUGJoc

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

I have assigned this thread to our QA department so they can have a look at it and try to reproduce internally.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

I had a chat with our QA department and could it possible for you to record a small video so that we can see in RDM what the current issue is?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

this is what the two links in my original post are all about.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Sorry for asking a second video, but I don't see RDM or the borders of RDM inside your second video, this is why I was asking another video so that we can see the entire RDM window to maybe give us some inputs on the issue and configuration of RDM.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Thank you for the second video.

If you open the same web site in Google Chrome outside RDM, do you encounter the same issue?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

yes, as described (and shown, first video) in the original post: no such problems in native chrome.

Clock2 yrs

Hello perler,

An update for the third party we use for chrome embedded was available, thank you for reporting this.

On a future note, if the problem still persist after the update, there is not much we can do to fix it as we rely on that third party to support the entry.

The third party update should be added in the next version of RDM 13.9.3.0, hopefully this will solve your issue.

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

unfortunately, the problem persists even in the latest version. I think it has something to do with the dell/trackpad, maybe the DPI is too high, so that the component gets overloaded. please have another look, it makes all web based admin panels barely usable..

Clock2 yrs

Hello @Perler

If I remember correctly we found out that the amount of text/contents there is to be displayed on the window was the reason why it became slower.

Opening it in external mode would use the actual chrome web browser and will be faster when huge amount of text is displayed.

But in our case, it is going through the third party and then displaying it in the application. There is no middle man with external chrome.

In this specific case we do not have any power over how we could improve the performance, we can only update the third party whenever there is an update.

I really wish there would be something that we can do in the coding that would make this more responsive but for now we have no solutions.

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

ok, but this is not very satisfying. can you file a bug report with the component dev?

Clock2 yrs

We will report this and keep the case opened. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

holy shoot! you fixed it! I updated from 14.0.6 to 14.0.9 so somewhere in between something happened smile

Clock2 yrs

Great!

Digging a little bit here and there to know what could possibly had fixed this and I found that we did a recent update of the third party we were using for chrome embedded. I guess they fixed the issue.

Glad it's working for you now smile.

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs